Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueshirt16

Cheap Drying Rack (pics included)

For a long time I have spread my gear on the floor either in the house or in the garage. Fed up with this, I decided to search for a better way to dry my gear.

I found a bunch of racks online for $100+ and also the PVC trees that people build. I was not a fan of either so I decided to build my own.

I found a track system at my local "big box" home improvement store that allows you to connect a series of hooks to it. Once in place, the hooks slide to allow for adjusting placement. Although not designed for it, I am really happy that my gear is now off of the floor. The only thing I couldn't get a round was hanging the shoulder pads, so I used an old hanger for that.

Biggest benefit was that this was up and installed in under 10 minutes, and cost me less than $50. IMG_1001.jpg

Any comments are welcome!

IMG_1002.jpg

Nice job! if you find the rack works for you that's great. I think the guys that have freestanding racks generally are able to take it with them if needed. Such as those that change apartments frequently or play in tournaments etc.

I use a Wooden doll rack that is most commonly used for clothing. It's work for my kayaking gear for years. I just can't get the pants on there so those lay on a few boxes but the rest can all fit and dries very well. And it's cheap, only like $10 tops.