Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ironic_chef

Equipment Storage

Expensive, but nice. I'm sure the company thought of this but doesn't the heat stimulate the growth of bacteria? And I'd be afraid (if it is hot enough) of possible skate shrinkage. A cheaper option is a rack made out of PVC pipe with holes drilled in it so you can pump a fan of room temperature type air through your stuff. I know a couple people on here were thinking of making one, not sure if anyone went through with it though. Great find for the monetarily privileged I suppose :).

shockdoctor has heat on the blowers for the bag. So maybe the combo of heat and moving air isn't as bad as just sitting in a warm area. I'm no biologist though, so i don't know.

Nice luxury, but a DIY version would work well too and not cost $500!

hockeylockerks9.jpg

$60 locker @ ikea

$15 for hooks and screws @ Home depot

$0 sits in the warm room out back

$0 removing door, installing screws/hooks

$75 - my solution.

I can hold 3 pairs of gloves on the inside left, and I've also got a glove hook on the outside, that sits on the front side (below where I mounted the skate hooks), because I'm a glove whore and needed the extra pegs.

Pair of skates up top, second skate hook now installed about midway down, as I've changed skates, and keep the NBH as a backup pair

Top panel holds blades, tape, helmet tools, skate tool, water bottle, laces etc

Shoulder pads, pants and helmet mount on the outside as shown.

Cheaper = more money for actual gear!!!

Your move costco!!!

Nice rack smoke (insert whistle here). Saving yourself $400 and a Costco membership, ingenious. Do you move the air around the equipment at all with a fan or is it just sitting there and drying? How long do you estimate until your gear is fully dry?

edit: Quick thought, ever think of putting cedar wood or some of those coals that absorb smells in there? Seems like the perfect solution to any smells as they are going to be highly concentrated around your locker.

Nice rack smoke (insert whistle here). Saving yourself $400 and a Costco membership, ingenious. Do you move the air around the equipment at all with a fan or is it just sitting there and drying? How long do you estimate until your gear is fully dry?

edit: Quick thought, ever think of putting cedar wood or some of those coals that absorb smells in there? Seems like the perfect solution to any smells as they are going to be highly concentrated around your locker.

I use the arm and hammer baking soda in the back. I don't think it makes much of a difference. It was ok when I was playing just once a week, but I've been trying to get out 2 or 3 times a week now.

I spray with fabreeze anti-microbial, and let hang, don't use a fan or anything. It's normally dry in 24 hours, which is good, except for about 2 weeks ago, I had a game friday, saturday and sunday night.

It was like rubbing slime on my legs on sunday night, lovely really :lol:

Haha I use those racks from Target as make-shift milk crates when the winters here in Maryland get cold enough to freeze over the pond near my house. A couple zip ties and they are sturdy as rocks, might have to build them up to use as a locker though now...

I use one of these from Ikea. It doesn't look very sturdy, but it holds all of my gear no problem. I even hang most of my jerseys on the side. It's about 5 1/2 feet tall or so. Plus it has wheels, so I can roll it underneath the heater vent in the garage if I want. I also have an old Peet boot drier that I alternate my gloves/skates on.

80124_PE204320_S4.JPG

Trunk of my car works fine.

Haha. In all seriousness. I've always worn underarmour so that really helps in reducing moisture to begin with. For this reason my gear, aside from my helmet, has yet to develop that unique odor. Oh.. I know its coming..

I have a decent garage so I air things out there on hooks if I need it. I have had a problem with crickets jumping in my bag. Team mates get sort of curious.

This here is probably the best solution IMO. I picked one up at Target one clearance for like $10. It's nice cause it's pretty portable since it is a build your own closet, plus it's in it's own enclosed baggy essentially so all smells stay in and is nice if it's cold in the house since I can shove a heater or hair dryer in there and keep the thing warmed to help dry my stuff. The one I have actually is bigger than the one I linked to as it has shelves in it too to keep my gloves, etc organized.

This here is probably the best solution IMO. I picked one up at Target one clearance for like $10. It's nice cause it's pretty portable since it is a build your own closet, plus it's in it's own enclosed baggy essentially so all smells stay in and is nice if it's cold in the house since I can shove a heater or hair dryer in there and keep the thing warmed to help dry my stuff. The one I have actually is bigger than the one I linked to as it has shelves in it too to keep my gloves, etc organized.

I guess a lot of people either don't want to build their own or finds this quite to their liking as it is sold out at Costco.ca.

You cant beat my solution. I spread my equipment on my work bench in my garage, and face all the openings in one direction (pants, helmet, skates, etc. Then hang shorts, socks, jersey etc in front of the bench. I have an oscillating fan ($16) and put in front of my equipment. All dry in 20 minutes. Much quicker with the fan blowing directly on and in the equipment with full force, rather that diluting it through pipes, vents, etc. Zero stink because of the quick dry time.

hockeylockerks9.jpg

I really like the looks of this solution, right now I'm just laying my stuff out on a wood crate and putting an oscillating fan on it over night, dry as a bone the next day.

I really like the looks of this solution, right now I'm just laying my stuff out on a wood crate and putting an oscillating fan on it over night, dry as a bone the next day.

Exactly what I do. I would go out the next day and it is totally dry. I check after 30 minutes one night....all dry.

I think the quicker and mor thorough the drying, the longer your equipment lasts, and the longer it goes without any smell.

I was thinking of making a set-up with some ikea stuff, seeing as other alternatives are quite expensive (unless you just lie your equipment on the ground lol). Nice plug on the advertising for Costco, Halton Hills Hurricanes pants and socks and all lol.

Well, they are from Milton...

I currently have one of those hanger trees from Canadian Tire, but it doesn't fit everything quite right. I just end up dumping it all out on the floor. Meh.

I was thinking of making a set-up with some ikea stuff, seeing as other alternatives are quite expensive (unless you just lie your equipment on the ground lol). Nice plug on the advertising for Costco, Halton Hills Hurricanes pants and socks and all lol.

I hit up a department store that was going out of business and picked up a couple display racks. It's similar to this. Mine is a bit heavier but functionally the same. With all of the stores having financial problems I would keep an ear out for store closings.

equipment warmer? what are you a bunch of fricken fairies?

plus the fact that warm air isn't really a good thing in this case.

80124_PE204320_S4.JPG

my wife found this a year ago.. someone was clearing out the garage and tossed this out.

Large enough for all the current gear used, the new/hoarded stuff goes into some storage boxes in the garage.