Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apes44

Adult League in Pittsburgh

I searched and found a few posts but no one responded so I figured I give this a shot. I just moved from Wilmington, Del to Pittsburgh and am looking to continue playing here, I would say that I am a solid B level player, who plays center or wing, anyone need a player in the area?

If someone is or knows someone who is putting together a lower level team at either RMU or BladeRunners Warrendale location for the summer months let me know. I'd be interested in helping to fill out a roster

Ok so theres 3 of us, we just need 10 more or so and a goalie and we could start our own team!

My boy is moving up with me in June. 6' 6" goalie coming out of U-18 AA. B)

Ok so theres 3 of us, we just need 10 more or so and a goalie and we could start our own team!

Sounds way out of my league... I'd have to be sent down to the minor league affiliate :P

Alright so we found a goalie! This weekend I will head to both rinks to see what the league fees and such are and dates!

Sounds way out of my league... I'd have to be sent down to the minor league affiliate :P

You & me both. I'm 41 & B level on my best day.

You & me both. I'm 41 & B level on my best day.

My skating isn't bad, I just have problems stopping after being away from ice for a solid ten years. I can probably make up enough with positioning and athletic ability... I learn quickly is the only thing I'd have going for me on this team... If you guys don't mind I'd be happy to help fill out a roster and tag along for the ride. Playing with better players makes me better I find.

If you guys don't mind I'd be happy to help fill out a roster and tag along for the ride. Playing with better players makes me better I find.

Same here :D

Would RMU or Warrendale work better for every one? Also Warrendale has pick up late saturday night in case we want to get together to sake sometime

So I went to Bladerunners in Warrendale today, didnt make it to RMU. Bladerunners is 10 games $1200 per team. Max roster size 22 ppl, they have a "free agent" list of ppl looking for teams, so if we are short a few players they can fill it out. I like the idea of designing logos and jerseys. We would need a team name and colors. (if no one really cares, my old team was blue and orange so all gear are those colors and I kind of like them together, I vote for Blue and Orange)

Let me know what you all think

I am a B/C level player and will have a goalie who comes with me. I play Defense. The closest ones to me are Blade Runners Harmar, Valley Sports Complex, and Blade Runners Warrendale. I'd be interested in a summer session. Only conflict we might have is Inline B league at Harmar.

Everything I own is in black and gold (including my custom franchises). We could use blank Islanders jerseys (I could also get new gloves) In any case, if you guys give me a team name and some ideas I can probably have something made up fairly quickly. If we decide to go with nicer jerseys, they can be reused if we decide to stick together as a team, we could even do home and aways. it's up to you guys

islanders.jpg

awayy.jpg

do i actually have to be an adult to play? i am turning 17 soon and would consider myself a A player. i mean on the ice i look like an adult. about 6 foot 3 and 230. i have played A and B adult hockey many times and i may be interested in doing this. it depends a lot on price, time and location. if it is at RMU i could do it, warrendale might be a stretch.

anyway i will keep watching this thread to see what happens. IF i am even eligible to play.

the islanders jerseys like those look pretty sweet! I think the whites look the classiest, Any ideas for a team name?

As far as 17 years old there is a note in panphlet I picked up that says if we use an under aged player and get caught we forefit game and risk league expulsion, so i'm not sure that would be a good idea.

The white is classy, the only problem with white always is that they're going to get very dirty very quickly, especially if we want to keep using them. With dark jerseys you're not going to get that dirt factor. Also, we could have the crests done through MSH member DEFIANT SPORTS, as seen here his work is amazing, and will look a whole lot better than anything screen printed onto the front of a jersey. The stitching work could then be done at a local shop... just an idea. I love sharp looking jerseys, and may be getting a little to ahead of myself here.

For a name, I was thinking something that goes with the way this team is being assembled... basically piece by piece. There's a few food references we can use. Namely there's a dish popular in the California/San Fransisco area that originates from all the fisherman coming into port in the evening and they all chipped something into a big seafood stew. It's called Chippino... granted this might be a stretch, but I was just thinking from a logo standpoint I can probably do something clever with a crab, a pot, and some hockey sticks that would look pretty cool in blue and orange. But, like I said people might be really confused when they see "Chippino" as a team name.

Also, I have a friend that I play college inline with who has played ice all his life that is very interested in joining this motley group.

Let me know what you all think.

--JoeyJ