Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boostinmister2

What Jofa/RBK elbow pads do NHL players wear?

How long are these elbows? http://www.24hrhockey.com/Product.aspx?cid=39&pid=70

I tried the 9177 and they are absolutely huge. I don't need anything that battle-proof. I'm looking for something that stays in place and has some slash protection (but stays away from my gloves).

i havent had luck with that retailer.

tried to buy those elbows, but the card was never charged and i never heard anything from them.

OldNSlow,

Couldn't agree more with acollette49; I myself tried to purchase those very pads from that retailer in the (relatively) recent past. Had the exact problem that acollete49 did. I had to go around and around with them on the phone to cancel the order so they didn't charge my card after I waited over a month to do so/fulfill the order. I managed to find a pair at a LHS when I was on the road, and really like them. Good luck.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but what shin guards do the pros wear? And do they have straps on them? Thanks.

Most pro's seem to waer Jofa or Rbk/Reebok shins from what i have seen, and many of them dont have straps. They just use clear tape.

How long are these elbows? http://www.24hrhockey.com/Product.aspx?cid=39&pid=70

I tried the 9177 and they are absolutely huge. I don't need anything that battle-proof. I'm looking for something that stays in place and has some slash protection (but stays away from my gloves).

The 7k's are the same pad as the 9177 they just dont have that inch or two inches extra the 9177 has. I find that the Jofa pad fits bigger then the Rbk but they all have great protection and its a matter of if you like the extra inch or so covering your wrist.

20100510163529_2010-0510-dg-wings199.jpg

this is what i've seen most often in locker room pictures.

Lidstrom seems to wear as shoulder pads the RBK 6k platinium.

rbkhockeyshoulderpads6k.gif

Someone knows if there is a difference with the RBk/Jofa 6k in white and blue, they look pretty similar:

jofareebok6k.jpg

Lidstrom seems to wear as shoulder pads the RBK 6k platinium.

rbkhockeyshoulderpads6k.gif

Someone knows if there is a difference with the RBk/Jofa 6k in white and blue, they look pretty similar:

jofareebok6k.jpg

Its prob just a color change from year to year.

That may be why they don't say "8K Pro" on them like these.

My 8K's with the cuff don't say "Pro" on them either. The guy I bought them from said they see them both ways in the locker room.

It's so strange that they maintain these as two seperate product lines?! You'd assume from a "marketing" perspective that it would make more sense just to roll it all into a line that everyone can buy and be done with it? Especially when you have a lionshare of the NHL doing the marketing hype for you. Skates, gloves, etc can be an issue with fits and modifications but elbow pads?!

My 8K's with the cuff don't say "Pro" on them either. The guy I bought them from said they see them both ways in the locker room.

It's so strange that they maintain these as two seperate product lines?! You'd assume from a "marketing" perspective that it would make more sense just to roll it all into a line that everyone can buy and be done with it? Especially when you have a lionshare of the NHL doing the marketing hype for you. Skates, gloves, etc can be an issue with fits and modifications but elbow pads?!

The difference is the branding. Reeboks are listed as 8k pro whereas the Jofas are listed as 8k. I believe the newer versions have the Reebok logos on them with the cuff while the 7k Pro without the cuff.

That's confusing. I'd expect some product difference to go with the labeling difference.

The difference is the branding. Reeboks are listed as 8k pro whereas the Jofas are listed as 8k. I believe the newer versions have the Reebok logos on them with the cuff while the 7k Pro without the cuff.

Tondog, are yours labeled only "Jofa"?

That's confusing. I'd expect some product difference to go with the labeling difference.

Tondog, are yours labeled only "Jofa"?

No they have the "RBK" logos as well. :unsure:

No they have the "RBK" logos as well. :unsure:

Still confusing, as here's the non-pro 8K with which I'm familiar:

http://www.hockeyworld.com/index/page/product/product_id/197/product_name/Reebok+8K+Kinetic+Fit+Elbow+Pads+%2709-+Senior

So far it looks like two 8K's, one kind (Pro?) also says "Jofa", and comes with and without "Pro" labeling. They don't make it easy.

Reebok 8k KFS has nothing in common with the old pro pads.

RBK 7k PRO = Jofa 9144

RBK 8k PRO = Jofa 9177 (same as 9144 with the extension)

I'm guessing elevation's correct that they are European models. Identical to my 7k Pros, which do say JOFA on them somewhere, but are branded RBK.

Also, if you want to know how awesome they are, look at those used prices. $140-180 shipped for ELBOW PADS.

Reebok 8k KFS has nothing in common with the old pro pads.

RBK 7k PRO = Jofa 9144

RBK 8k PRO = Jofa 9177 (same as 9144 with the extension)

I'm guessing elevation's correct that they are European models. Identical to my 7k Pros, which do say JOFA on them somewhere, but are branded RBK.

Also, if you want to know how awesome they are, look at those used prices. $140-180 shipped for ELBOW PADS.

That's why the "8K" name is confusing when the pads aren't right there for show and tell.

As to the 8K Pro, one LHS here has a bunch for $60 or $70, but won't put them on ebay because he's a dealer, and doesn't think Reebok would like it. There still seem to be plenty around, so folks should be able to get them without being ripped off.

I'm still happy with my 10K. Nobody slashes me, so I just need protection when I fall on an elbow, and that does the job for me.

They work great for me because I have huge forearms and the non-elastic strap holds them in place really well. It wouldn't be the end of the world if they got lost or damaged, but if I come across another pair I'd probably buy a backup. Don't do that with anything else though.

8K's in Ebay...

These look quite a bit different than my 8K's with the extra silver cuff area?!?!

these are chinese 8K (2005). they are different than 8K pro made in sweden. there is a difference in weight and quality. I don't recommend to buy these ones, overpriced

these are chinese 8K (2005). they are different than 8K pro made in sweden. there is a difference in weight and quality. I don't recommend to buy these ones, overpriced

Oh crap....too late! I didn't even see the "made in China" label. :angry::facepalm: So are these just cheap knockoffs or does Reebok actually have them made in China as well???

I would assume they are not knockoffs, just retail since they are made in China. Don't see those too often.

I guess I should have been tipped off that they were size 7 when I think conventional wisdom was that size 6 was the largest number they made.