Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bdj

Collarbone...

I got hit from behind today and I have a splitting pain in my shoulers. I can move my right arm fairly well but moving anything else besides my legs and other arm is insane pain. Any idea's on what this could be? No I haven't gone to get it checked out, thought to sleep it off first.

Unless you're in absolutely excruciating pain, I don't think you broke your collarbone. I had mine basically put into my neck and the pain was just unreal.

I dunno I broke my Collabone playing football and it didnt hurt too bad. I could move my arm and everything but I did have a big lump where you could tell sumtin wasnt right.

When I broke mine, it only hurt alot when I tried moving my arm. It happened on a sunday and didn't go to the doctor's until the following day. I took the city bus and carried my boombox with me. :P

It was broken in two places and the piece between the breaks was twisted. It was REAL obvious that it was broken considering when I stood up straight, my left hand was able to touch my kneecap with out bending over.

The real pain came when they put the broken piece back in place... :blink:

I broke my collarbone right in half. It hurt so freakin' bad. If you can sleep on it, vhances are it isn't broken. But, maybe you just fractured it. If it's still hurting go see a doc.

could be a seperated shoulder as well. A few years ago i had a shoulder injury, which I am still not sure what it was. One doctor said broken collarbone, another said bent collar bone and a seperated shoulder. I was able to move it below mid-chest fine, above that was awful. Luckily we were in the playoffs so I didn't have many games left to play through it. Definately get it looked at, it could be a number of things.

Damn, that sucks. My friend broke hers last year and its a pretty long recovery process. I'm sure that I posted some pictures on here of it, if not, I'll repost them. How long are you out for?

The doctor says he wouldnt know until I came in again in a week or 2. I've been hearing a month since it wasnt a major. Still hurts to do anything and it's gonna hurt more to watch my team play.

I'm out right now actually with my broken collarbone. it sucks watching my team play, especially since i was out earlier this year with a broken hand.

my collar bone is broken right now the doctor said i will be out for 4-6 weeks ,it didnt hurt alot when it happened but for about 4 days after it killed if i just moved the wrong way and it was hard to lie down ,but its been broken for a week now and its alot better

One thine I had trouble with when I broke my collar-bone...was getting out of bed. It seemed like thats when I would be in the most pain and I would have had someone help me out.

sorry to bring back this topic but about a year ago i seperated my shoulder in a game, and it hurt really really bad as the trainer couldn't re-locate it for about an hour. But during the healing process of it i was a bit lazy and didn't wear my sling all the time because it bothered me and what not. But ever since it healed enough for me to play again, i found i could not throw a ball and my arm without it hurting. But the pain usually went away a few minutes after it hurt. Whenever i pull my arm the wrong way on the ice i get the sharp pain in my shoulder and it takes about 10 minutes for me to get back into playing shape.

Yesterday i was playing pickup with some of my buds, and my friend tripped me and i fell on the ice with my arm open and my shoulder dislocated, i ran off the ice in excrutiating pain, and tried to lay my arm on the bench and it clicked back into place, and the pain subsided to soreness on my rotator cuff. Today my shoulder is still sore, and i was just wondering if anybody knew if i have something wrong with my shoulder or if its just natural for somebody who seperated their shoulder to be feeling that pain, even almost a year after it happened.

One thine I had trouble with when I broke my collar-bone...was getting out of bed. It seemed like thats when I would be in the most pain and I would have had someone help me out.

I know. It hurt really bad when I would try to sit up or stand up.

It wasnt my shoulder but... I dislocated my thumb a couple years ago and it took right arouond a year before i could put pressure on it and it not hurt.

does ur collar bone break easier after u have already broke it

i rebroke mine yesterday in the exact same spot bat all the way through the bone this time. but it wasn't 100% healed yet.

Yeah the guy i got hit by the first time was like 6' 6" and I'm only like 5'. the second time, the guy wasn't that much bigger than me but i didn't expect him to hit me. it was completely interference. the first time it was a late hit by a good 5 seconds.