Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jesse_01

So easton finally send me my s19

I was all stoked to get it. They told me via the phone I was getting a 85 flex grip rh iginla. I open it up, its a 110 flex.

I know everyone is going to be oh be glad you got a stick. But like shit, come on here. Wait so long for the right stick and still don't get it in the end.

there's obviously two parts here.

company gives you stick, don't cry about it

but IMO i'd be upset too. bauer never screws up sending me 77 flex's back. If i got something else i'd be upset too.

For a forward that only takes wrist shot and snap shots. A person would have to be either 300lbs or 250lbs with 8% bf to be able to get decent flex out of 110 flex.

For a forward that only takes wrist shot and snap shots. A person would have to be either 300lbs or 250lbs with 8% bf to be able to get decent flex out of 110 flex.

Not really, it's shooting style. I weigh 185 on a heavy day and I play forward, I prefer to use 100 sticks cut down to be around 110. Its personal preference really, I'm no giant.

I called them and they gave me this line

Easton reserves the right to substitute similar product if necessary.
. Told me if I had a problem, to email canadainfo@eastonsports.com

Keep complaining, squeaky wheel gets the grease kind of situation. If that doesn't work maybe try to sell it or see if a shop will let you swap, although the latter is probably a longshot.

My lhs is totally sold out of s19. Also on a side note the build date is Nov 09, and it has bulked up in weight. It feels a tad lighter than the ST, and a fair bit heavier than my One95.

I wonder if it's a special production, the Easton site says that the s19 is only available with a Sakic or Zetterberg curve in a 110 flex. Iginla starts at 100.

Or a repainted s17, those are available as an Iginla 110.

I called them and they gave me this line .
Easton reserves the right to substitute similar product if necessary.

Told me if I had a problem, to email canadainfo@eastonsports.com

so you got beat by the rules...?

easton is majorly backed up on s19's. clearly this was a situation where the "if necessary" part applied. sucks that you couldnt get the same stick back, but thats just the way it goes. be grateful that they even have a warranty program.

chances are your stick wasnt even a manufacturer's defect in the first place.

THat ST lookin any better yet?

No, my One95 from Race4LastPlace is looking real good.

If its a repaint or what it is. It is a fair bit heavier than my last s19 and s17.

When flexing it, it does have some serious spring back. It be a nice stick for slap shot's.

Yeah I got beat by the rules and told I was getting something different than what I got.

I'm really liking my One95 thought, to bad its a pro-stock and hard to get more of.

Selling the S19 is easier said that done to get decent money for it. I'm going to hunt around for a lhs that wants to trade or someone that wants to trade something else for it. It doesn't say nothing about the stick being a warranty replacement, so there should be no problem.

They probably saw you in here bitching about the free ST they sent you and someone figured they'd continue to screw with you, within their rules, to piss you off even more. ;)

They probably saw you in here bitching about the free ST they sent you and someone figured they'd continue to screw with you, within their rules, to piss you off even more. ;)

Yes cause easton hockey has so much time on their hands. They go onto forums and read about people who complain about their service. Than they search for that person's ip, than track them back to their location to determine the warranty claim.

As I said before, both the ST and s19 DO NOT have a no warranty sticker on them.

I would try and sell it but probably wont get more than $150 at the most for it. At that point I might as well keep it. My best bet would be to trade someone. A new RH P88 One95 in a 87 flex would be a nice trade.

Um, not quite:) I'm only 185 and I flex my 102-105 plenty on snappers. Just skate into them more.

Have you used your free ST yet? What flex/curve is it?

Yeah I have used it. The paint is really weak and chipped off lots. For the amount I've used it, it looks like shit. I tried to sell it for $160cdn/$150us obo shipped but no takers.

Yes cause easton hockey has so much time on their hands. They go onto forums and read about people who complain about their service. Than they search for that person's ip, than track them back to their location to determine the warranty claim.

Actually, you would be surprised. VERY surprised.

I cannot count how many times this has ACTUALLY happened on MSH. How many times mfgr representatives have contacted me to find out who the person is.

My favorite was djinferno's dilemma with Graf skates and Mission contacting him and giving him a pair of their skates instead.