Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Hejduksport Visor

Ok, first of all thanks to the guys at the Hejduksport (HS from here on out, as I'm lazy) for sending me home from Vegas with some product to test.

Whatever style of visor you use now, HS has a similar model as well as some designs that have only available to pros in the past. There are two series, Flat (5 models) and Convex (10 models) with the convex being optically correct like Oakley and the HS22 series. The convex series is also available in a proline version that has anti-fog coating on the inside and anti-scratch coating on the outside. Oh, and they offer three shades of tint (not sure on how many models are available with tint, the website shows at least two). Confused? Just go here and take a look. It's ok, I'll wait.

I have been using Oakley straight small visors since they were selling them as 1xcel, so that is my point of comparison.

Price:

Packaging is well done and the box comes packed with stuff. If you buy the "Full Set", you get the visor, spacers, cleaning cloth and anti-fog spray, all for a suggested retail of less than $65.

First impressions:

The MH100 is slightly larger than the straight small that I have been using, but not so much that I anticipate any problems from that. The mounting slots on the side are a quarter to a third longer than on my Oakley. I currently have it mounted as far away as possible and can get two fingers between the tip of my nose and the visor. The edges of the visor are more polished and feel smooth to the touch. Think glossy as compared to the matte finish edges of the Oakley.

Chadd, will these be available for purchase online? Their web page is down right now, so I was just wondering what you knew about the availability of these visors in the near future?

Chadd, will these be available for purchase online? Their web page is down right now, so I was just wondering what you knew about the availability of these visors in the near future?

Given the amount of interest they seemed to gather at the show, I would expect them to be available online from multiple sources.

Any chance we could see some pics once you get it mounted?

The only negative so far is that if I have the visor mounted as far forward as possible, the logo starts to enter my peripheral vision. I started to scratch it off a bit and you can see that in the first two pics. The model sticker on the other side isn't as noticeable.

MH100-1.jpg

MH100-2.jpg

MH100-3.jpg

Single-piece spacers. That certainly doesn't suck.

i agree :) chadd, did you get a chance to see the mh 990? coz i thought your mh 100 would've been a notch cut but straight at the front but from your pics apparantly not

They had all of them on display, but they did not send one of each home with me. The check mark on the box isn't applicable as they tossed all of the stuff into a spare box they had in their booth.

Chadd,

How does the bottom corner of the visor look when you are playing? What I mean is do you notice that somewhat sharp transition? Also, any comparison of coverage to your previous visor?

Is the sticker in the same place on all the samples they showed you?

I believe it was in the same location. Fortunately, they are pretty easy to remove with a fingernail and a little patience. I would still prefer to see them change the location of the sticker, but that may be difficult on the models with less space around the slots.

awesome looking visors. I especially like the havlat-like MH990. Here's hoping they get CSA certified.

doubt it'll happen until they get rid of the slots for the screws (i think thats how bauer got theirs certified).

Are these visors HECC approved for USA? Do you know if this company has insurance on their visors?

The website says that they are waiting for HECC certification, you would have to ask them about insurance. The Oakley straight small, that is quite popular here, is not approved by the HECC. In fact, the certified models tend to sell poorly (around here) compared to the smaller models that don't meet certification standards.

http://www.hejduksport.com/

Are they making a visor/cage combo like it shows on their website? Or is that just a replacement for the Oakley? Dig the chrome cage anyway, compared to the Oakley black.