Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sed27

Are my skates finally done?

I played a men's league game last night and despite being on one of the better ice sheets in town, my skating felt sloppy. The power transfer in my stride just wasn't there.

Upon closer inspection today I discovered that the the soles on both my Vapor Shifts have begun to crack and delaminate (see pics below).

skatepic5.th.jpg

skatepic6.th.jpg

skatepic3.th.jpg

I'm guessing that after about 6-7 years of use that they are just about done. Should I be be ditching them for safety reasons or is there still some life left/ options to repair? Its going to be tough convincing the wife-to-be that I need to drop money on skates when we are saving for an August wedding ;)

Any opinions on the skates would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah I would have to say those are done. There are a lot of good closeout deals around these days with companies coming out with their '10 gear so you should be able to get a good pair of skates for a good price. Good luck.