Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ironslave

Skate help for my duck feet

Hello everyone,

Looking for new skates, leaning towards the Vapor X60 or One95. I have very wide, very flat feet. I've also included pics of my old 5000's, all my skates have always flared out where I have circled, I'm guessing from the width of my feet putting pressure on that part of the skate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if someone could perhaps help me with a custom order (I don't have a local Bauer store near me that can do customs to my knowledge). I've never felt like I had a skate which truly fit my foot.

DSCF0017Medium.jpg

DSCF0018Medium.jpg

DSCF0019Medium.jpg

DSCF0021Medium.jpg

DSCF0023Medium.jpg

DSCF0024Medium.jpg

DSCF0025Medium.jpg

I have a very very similar foot as yours and I just bought Flexlite 4.0 Pro's in 10D. Your foot may be a bit wider then mine, but the Flexlites definitely were a good fit. I'm trying them out in practice today so I'll let you know how they feel.

If it helps with another option .. I switched from Graf G70's in a wide. They fit good but they are alot heavier then the Flexlites are.

Thanks guys, ANY feedback would be appreciated. Like I said, never had a skate that seemed to truly fit my foot, and they ALWAYS flared out where I have circled it.

Maybe Bauer might be willing to slap on a pair of Tuuk's on these?

flippers2.jpg

I have duck feet too. I finally gave up on trying to find a pair of skates that were wide enough for me at retail. I've tried Vapor XXXX, U+ Pro Reloaded, One95, Supreme 70s, and 7k's. All in wide width. All were no where near wide enough for my feet. I recently got traced for customs, turns out i need 4E skates!!! My advice for you, if your looking into a high end skate, find the skate that works for your arch, then pay the extra ~$75 for customs.

avoid bauer vapor, supreme, and CCM...Reebok or flexlite should be good for you..oh hv u tried easton? they got a really flat arch support..

avoid bauer vapor, supreme, and CCM...Reebok or flexlite should be good for you..oh hv u tried easton? they got a really flat arch support..

I have the same feet as ironslave. Ive tride it all, rbk,ccm,easton,bauer,graf so just about every skate out there. The best fit i had was with RBK and CCM, they are both vary wide compared to other company's. For the flat feet problem, i cant help ya. Your feet prob really hurt when you skate, becose when i skate they hurt. If you have a problem there, u may need to customize your skates. Get in contact with your facorite skate company and try to place a order in. Such as this guy ( i hope you have facebook )

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3062...amp;id=77000117

Thank you guys, bar_down_21, I would be very interested in hearing your experiences, these sound like a good skate for me.

I've been searching, and someone mentioned their skate was "punched out" .... is that the term for what I have circled in red in my skates? Because I've always had that in every single pair of skates (in EE width).

Thank you guys, bar_down_21, I would be very interested in hearing your experiences, these sound like a good skate for me.

I've been searching, and someone mentioned their skate was "punched out" .... is that the term for what I have circled in red in my skates? Because I've always had that in every single pair of skates (in EE width).

I believe the area that you have circled is due to having a high instep and the boot not being deep enough for you.

Punching out a boot is a term used to refer to making a particular part of the boot wider/looser i.e. if you feel a certain part of the skate is giving you a lot of pressure (toe area, sides, or any part), that area of the skate is 'punched out' to give it a little more room to relieve the pressure.

I believe the area that you have circled is due to having a high instep and the boot not being deep enough for you.

Even though my feet are so flat?

How flat your feet are only partly determines the volume, as does width, and how much space is consumed by the top of your foot.

Thank you guys.

I'm currently in a 9EE in the Supreme 8000..... does anybody know where I can find a pair of 9EE in the Flexlite 4.0 PRO model? (I like a stiff skate).

Why not look for the upper end CCM skates? Just because you have a flatter arch does not mean your instep will be low. You have a sizeable instep as well. Have you given those any thought or are you stuck on the Bauer brand? You do not have a Bauer foot to be honest with you. Do you have access to any Graf 709s?

Why not look for the upper end CCM skates? Just because you have a flatter arch does not mean your instep will be low. You have a sizeable instep as well. Have you given those any thought or are you stuck on the Bauer brand? You do not have a Bauer foot to be honest with you. Do you have access to any Graf 709s?

Thanks for your feedback.... you think so? I'm not stuck on Bauer by any means, but it just seems all the experts here recommend Bauer as the superior company in skate technology. I might be interested in CCM skates but I've read that the U+ have poor durability issues? Don't the flexlite's have a lot of volume so should they be able to handle my instep?

Just some questions, tremendously appreciate the help.

All the major skate brands have "superior technology" in some form or another. If they were experts, they'd direct you to a skate that actually fit your foot. Whats the point in skating in Bauer X-60s if they're not a good match for your foot? Bauer does a better job of marketing their product IMO, but not sure if they make a better skate than everyone else.

The Flexlite has a lot of width and more volume than the X60s and Supremes, but it is still an "L" shaped boot and has less volume than the CCM U+ and its variants from heel to instep. I'm not sold on the Flexlite for high volume feet because it really is not a "high volume" skate IMO compared to the CCM U+ variants and the Graf G70 Ultra or skates with a similar fit. Bauer makes great skates, but not for my foot type.

All the major skate brands have "superior technology" in some form or another. If they were experts, they'd direct you to a skate that actually fit your foot. Whats the point in skating in Bauer X-60s if they're not a good match for your foot? Bauer does a better job of marketing their product IMO, but not sure if they make a better skate than everyone else.

The Flexlite has a lot of width and more volume than the X60s and Supremes, but it is still an "L" shaped boot and has less volume than the CCM U+ and its variants from heel to instep. I'm not sold on the Flexlite for high volume feet because it really is not a "high volume" skate IMO compared to the CCM U+ variants and the Graf G70 Ultra or skates with a similar fit. Bauer makes great skates, but not for my foot type.

Very well put.

Would you suggest looking into the the 709 or G70 more based on my foot?

I dont know for sure. You'd have to try them on? You like a stiff skate right? The Ultra G70 is softer than an X60 or U+ IMO. I think the 709 is a little stiffer than than G70.

The CCM U+ models were updated after early issues regarding durability. You can try on a Bauer X60 EE and see if you pass the pencil test or get the wrap you need, but I'd probably send you in the direction of CCM's U+ skates.

I dont know for sure. You'd have to try them on? You like a stiff skate right? The Ultra G70 is softer than an X60 or U+ IMO. I think the 709 is a little stiffer than than G70.

The CCM U+ models were updated after early issues regarding durability. You can try on a Bauer X60 EE and see if you pass the pencil test or get the wrap you need, but I'd probably send you in the direction of CCM's U+ skates.

I'll try a few around, problem is that where I live usually each store has its "niche" for being a dealier (ie, one store Bauer, one store CCM, another graf etc)

Would the U+ in size E be wider than my current Supreme EE?

K, I pm'd epstud74 but I'll post it here...

Gonna give the U+ a try. But, I went to the stores in my area, and there were none in my size (largest was 8d). Currently I am a 9EE in Bauer Supreme 8000's... what would be the equivalent in U+'s?

I have feet like youself. After an exhausting search, the choices are:

Graf in their wider models (*09, *07, etc)

Bauer Flexlites

Reebok 9K (and soon 11K) in EE widths

Or you can go custom.

The U+ and the Supreme fit approximately the same, of course, always try on a pair to see. Personally I'm awaiting for my U+ Pro Reload, let's see if they fit the bill.

The Supreme is a wide skate, but the U+ has much more instep depth than a Supreme..

If you fail the pencil test on a Supreme, you'll likely be failing it on the Flexlite as well. In my experience, a high instep with high arches and poor support issues sometimes give buyers the mistaken notion that they need a wider skate. I'm not sure a wider skate will help with people who are failing the pencil test due to high arches.

The Graf 707 is shallower than the 709 and G70s and G9s. The Ultra G70 is made for people with a moderate to high instep and normal heel, the 709 and G9s seem to have a much wider heel.

I think the Flexlite was kept to compete with the higher volume Graf skates, but I still think the heel instep depth is lacking in the Flexlites. They're more akin to the Reeboks. The Reeboks have the classic "L" shape too. They may be a bit wider, but do not offer the depth that the CCM U+ varians and the G70 Ultra offers IMHO

The Vapors and Supreme lines fit me initially (or so I thought) but after awhile the depth issues came became really apparent and the foot/arch pain became rather unbearable. I still believe the best set up for people with high arches and insteps is to give the CCM U+ or Graf Ultra G70s a serious look and either way, opt to get the custom molded insoles if you can. It is amazing at what a little arch support can do to alleviate the pain when skating.

In my experience, a high instep with high arches and poor support issues sometimes give buyers the mistaken notion that they need a wider skate. I'm not sure a wider skate will help with people who are failing the pencil test due to high arches.

Well said. Many people...especially those that work in LHS...can not accurately articulate the difference between width and volume. I have a C width with a medium/high arch, and skate fit is a constant struggle in the retail space.