Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tour Man

Easton S19 helmet

I read some about it on another website. I read that it will be very low profile and sleek, and unlike traditional 2 piece helmets, it will be all one piece. Any other news or sneak peaks?

All one piece? Good luck with that. If they stock standard sizes, it's not going to fit half of the people who normally fit easton helmets. If it's numerically sized, no retailer is going to want to stock it.

Looks very similar to the other Easton helmets, its going to be called the S19 Z-shock.

From what I have heard, its going to be one of the toughest/safest helmets on the market.

The general consensus at the MSHV product viewing was that the thing is scary light - literally, scary. You can't help but wonder how the thing could possibly protect you.

I myself didn't try it on, but it seemed to fit most people who gave it a shot (for whom medium was the right size in the first place).

The helmet weighs half of what the other helmets weigh, but that does not reduce protection. The EPP foam is integrated into the one piece shell, much like a motorcycle helmet. Not "attached" like other models. This reduces bulk and also increases rigidity. You cannot bend this helmet like other models. If you hold it in your hands and squeeze, it doesn't collapse. When I put it on it was simply amazing and fit me like a champ. There will be a whole range of sizes and it should fit most skaters. I agree the sizing run is quite large (instead of just, S,M, and Lg) but I think retailers will grin and bear it and stock them nevertheless. When you feel and wear this helmet, you'll like it.

I normally wear a medium lid, but couldn't get this one on my huge melon. It's not the widest helmet which was why I couldn't get it on, but I'm not sure exactly what size it was. There is an occipital adjustment which kind of looks like the back of a plastic snap ball cap. But I can't really comment much beyond that since I couldn't get it on. But as Blue said, this is FREAKY Light! The PHEW Gram whores are going to cream their pants when they get their greasy callused hands on one of these. MSRP is slotted to be ~$170, Without a cage. Which is quite steep for a helmet. Yet with innovation of this magnitude, the price seems warranted. I'm just a little disheartened with the increasing costs of Equipment these days but let's leave that for another conversation.

I'll stick to my 5000, thanks.

If cost wasn't an issue I would love to try one, sounds awesome if it fits. But for myself and many consumers, cost is an issue.

Saw it and the guy at easton boot where even steping right on it and it was not even moving crazy helm.Its at the 300 gramms mark.Nice helm.

sound just like the top of the line foam injected bike helmets Bell makes...and since Bell owns(?) Easton now........

sound just like the top of the line foam injected bike helmets Bell makes...and since Bell owns(?) Easton now........

Thats exactly what it is!

I'd like to reiterate that the S19 helmet is ABSOLUTELY NOT an "one-and-done" EPS helmet.

We were told it was a one-impact helmet, though. Protective though it may be, that's a lot to spend on a one-impact helmet.

Who said that?

Certainly hope not because there's no way I'd buy a one impact disposable helmet. Equipment is expensive enough without resorting to going in that direction.

I'd like to reiterate that the S19 helmet is ABSOLUTELY NOT an "one-and-done" EPS helmet.

Good. I'm glad that that's the case.

And with that being the case, I suspect they'll sell pretty well. Any word on if they'll keep the S17 though?