Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Colin20

Broken One95 OPS - repair?

My Bernier One95 stick broke right in half. I've been looking to get it repaired at a LHS with the SRS. Can anybody tell me how the stick feels after the repair and if it is worth it or not. By the way the stick is still in good condition and I have used it for 2 games (besides being in two pieces).

i've always thought of using a repaired stick being similar to buying a car with a 'salvage' title. it's never the same.

and slightly off topic: from what i've experienced and witnessed, the sticks that came from the canuck's sale looked great (looked brand new to be honest), but broke easily and quickly. no idea why. i had a few, and a couple other friends had a few and as of today, we've nothing to show for.

I thought about this because my One95 shaft broke after about 5 weeks (and only using it about 6 times) and Bauer told me to shove it as far as the warranty went (which, 30 days... I know :( ). But sticks are just never the same.

my son just had an S17 done. The $35.00 cost sure beat the hell out of buying a new stick. Stick doesn't feel much different and the shot is pretty much the same. I would recommend getting it done. If you don't like it then you can use it as a back up. If you do like it then you saved a bunch of money.

I use repaired sticks with no issue at all.

Even swapped with a guy who had the same stick, minimal difference and I'm not sure that's not because I wasn't looking for a difference.

Definitely worth a shot for a mid shaft break. I will not use a stick that has been repaired at the hosel or the blade itself.

I used it on my friends pro stock 10k after he broke it. I use it as a street stick now but overall I am pretty impresses with it. I paid 25 bucks to do it (break was in the shaft, blade break is 35) and am happy with what I got. I would say go for it, and if oyu dont like it you have a backup or street stick. Beats throwing it away imo

I used the SRS on an old Synergy SL that broke after using it about 4 times. It's perfectly fine for a backup stick, but I personally noticed a different feel when using it....the balance of the stick is just a little different now due to the extra weight added in the middle of the shaft. Thing feels solid, though...like I said, good for a backup for me. But, I'm pretty picky with how my sticks feel.

is there any sort of market for repaired sticks? I have a X:60 broken in the center of the shaft. Its a RH though so if I repair it I cant use it and I dont really want to make it into a shaft. Should I sell the stick as is or repair it then try to sell it? If not I can always repair it and make it into a shaft and use it as a back up.

There is a market for repaired sticks but obviously you will have to charge much less. A repaired stick that is in good shape (other than where it broke) will probably grab ~40-$65 depending on the model and condition. Only current top-of-the-line sticks will typically sell after being repaired.

Considering it costs $40-60 just to repair the stick, I'm not sure whether it would be worth your time to repair the stick then try to sell it. I guess money is money but it might only be 20-40 bucks.

I always wanted to post a new thread on my experiences with a repaired stick. Normally, I wouldn't have gone through the trouble, but I'm glad I did.

I commissioned MSH Member StickfixChaska to repair a broken Warrior Dolo pro stock Thorburn that I loved. It didn't break through the normal course of play, it broke because I was an idiot that was frustrated with my own play and banged the stick off the goal post after a puck went off my skate and in my own net. So, I felt like I owed it to myself to see it repaired.

Anyway...

Believe me when I tell you that he did an amazing job on the stick. It was WELL worth it. The stick didn't miss a beat. It feels pretty good. Is it a brand new stick? Well, no, but lets keep it real, it still does an amazing job and hasn't lost much.

Look StickfixChaska up on here, because he is a pro's pro, and will have your stick back to you in no time. It's a different process than SRS. I think he may even have a website.

I will post before and after pics later when I get home.

Thanks guys for the replies. I think I might eventually get it repaired if I can get it done for a reasonable price. My LHS wants to charge me $45 CDN for the shaft repair. I paid $85 for the stick.

So I ordered a pro stock one95 from TSR and recieved the stick monday. I played for the first time with it last night in a high C level dropin and the damn thing broke on a pass...I called them and asked about it and to my displeasure they can't do anything for me (which I expected). So Now I am out 120$ and Im trying to figure out if i should have the shaft repaired or see if i can cut the blade out and use it as a tapered blade in another shaft. My question is has anybody done this with a Bauer one95? If so any pointers would be much appreciated. Here is a picture

bauerone95.jpg

I just picked up a One95 last night from a D1 player that's cracked halfway down the shaft. If SRS is still $30 I'll probably try getting it repaired because the rest of the stick is in fantastic shape.