Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tml67

One95 OPS vs One95 two piece

I'm looking for some feedbacks between an one95 OPS and one95 shaft + blade combo in terms of balance, feel & performance.

Anyone has hands-on experience on the two sticks.

Thanks.

I use both, I believe the OPS has a bit of a lower kickpoint. Both are very, very light and have performed well for me.

I have used both. I had a shaft and blade combo first, and I really liked it. However, I just got a OPS and the feel of it is just awesome. Much better than the 2-piece in my opinion, but your mileage may vary.

I use both, I believe the OPS has a bit of a lower kickpoint. Both are very, very light and have performed well for me.
You can buy the One95 shaft and blade combo for $140 as opposed to $190-210 for a One95 OPS

from my experiences i agree with you totally and ecspecially if you dont want to put the money out for the one piece as epstud said the 2 piece is 50-60 bucks cheaper and performs just as well

Difference is negligible. I do however prefer the fused one piece. The 95 is less noticeable than the One90.

I have used both.

Both of them have performed well. The kick-point is lower on the one piece but that's expected. The only difference is the puck feel. It isn't the same comparing it to a 1 piece. To me, the 2 piece puck feel - feels sort of dampened... I got used to it though.

But the cool thing? I haven't had a single ONE95 2 piece break. Not even the blade. It's cheaper. The quality is roughly the same. I've put more stress tests on the 2 piece than I have on the one piece one95's. Overall, I love my 2 piece. They just don't break!

If you can spot 200 bucks for a 1 piece ONE95 - This is definitely recommended.

If you don't wanna drop the extra $$ - The 2 piece performs just as well.

Thanks for all the replies.

Does anyone know the the weight of the one95 OPS, and the shaft & blade combo? I tried searching online, but can't seem to find it. Some online stores claim Bauer does not provide the weight.

Yup, I've never really seen them list the weight of any of their sticks. They just say the height of the stick. They're like the BOSS ( sound systems ) of hockey - Boss never states the wattage each speaker intakes or the max output... sigh :D back on topic...

They are definitely well balanced. Maybe a tad lighter on the 1 piece? Nothing that will alter your game play/style for the worst. In-fact, with gloves + gear on... I can't tell which one is lighter at all.

Does the two-piece version play a little softer? I considered getting a two-piece set-up, but I didn't like how long the shaft was. I'd have to cut it down about 3-4". That takes me quite a ways away from the 77 flex I'd be after.

I didn't expect the puck feel on the two-piece to be as good as the one-piece version. On a two-piece that comes down more to the blade than the shaft. Just a question since we're on the topic, how have everyone's one-piece versions been holding up? Pretty durable?

Hattrick,

back in Late april, I made a purchase of 3 shafts & 3 one-piece sticks. Giving each stick equal wear through game-time, practices & pick-up hockey/ Stick-puck time... None of my sticks have broken. I play 4 of 5 days a week and once on the weekend...

The blades are still in tact on my one-pieces & have received a couple pretty nasty slashes on the stick itself... They're complete tanks for sticks.. The durability certainly beats out every other stick I've owned ( Easton SE16's/S17's ) - This is speaking for both the shaft and the stick.

-- Usually I thought a Whip-flex stick/shaft as low as a 77 flex would be a bit smaller, regardless?

I have a Nike-Bauer Vapor XXXX stick @ a 77 flex and it's a couple inches shorter than my 1 piece One95... Then again it's two different sticks, kick-point wise.

I find the one95 shaft a little softer than their stated flex. The 102 flex feels more like an Easton 85. If it's cut down 2 or 3 inches, it'll probably feel like an Easton 100.

Are there any standard blades that have a really short hosel, similar to typical tapered blades. I really don't want to cut down the shaft too much to increase the flex rate.

I find the one95 shaft a little softer than their stated flex. The 102 flex feels more like an Easton 85. If it's cut down 2 or 3 inches, it'll probably feel like an Easton 100.

Are there any standard blades that have a really short hosel, similar to typical tapered blades. I really don't want to cut down the shaft too much to increase the flex rate.

Yellow Synergy ST blades. I've got a couple RH Sakics for sale if you want.

He is dead on. It seems to be the same way with the prostocks too.

Yellow Synergy ST blades. I've got a couple RH Sakics for sale if you want.

Not a fan of the Sakic curve. I tried the Rafalski and didn't like it...too open for me.

My One90 intermediate shaft is incredibly whippy. When it dies, I'll probably get myself a 77 flex One95. Pairing it with an M95 ABS/wood blade for dryland shooting practice.

Hattrick,

back in Late april, I made a purchase of 3 shafts & 3 one-piece sticks. Giving each stick equal wear through game-time, practices & pick-up hockey/ Stick-puck time... None of my sticks have broken. I play 4 of 5 days a week and once on the weekend...

The blades are still in tact on my one-pieces & have received a couple pretty nasty slashes on the stick itself... They're complete tanks for sticks.. The durability certainly beats out every other stick I've owned ( Easton SE16's/S17's ) - This is speaking for both the shaft and the stick.

-- Usually I thought a Whip-flex stick/shaft as low as a 77 flex would be a bit smaller, regardless?

I have a Nike-Bauer Vapor XXXX stick @ a 77 flex and it's a couple inches shorter than my 1 piece One95... Then again it's two different sticks, kick-point wise.

Ok, thanks for the info Xtra. I had heard from someone else that their One95's were really durable as well. I bought two pro stock One95's, but one of them snapped in half yesterday after only 3 games and some stick and puck time. It snapped right above my bottom hand on a slapshot. Hopefully it's just a freak occurance. I really like the sticks so if I can't find another pro stock one in the same curve I might go with a retail one or an iD stick. Just wanted to know how long my $200 would last me.

In some brands the whip flexes are shorter, but as far as I know the Bauer 77 flexes are the same length as the 87's and so on.

It must be a mishap you went through hattrick =p,

When you bought the pro-stocks, was there any description on the stick, like "brand new" or something? Or were they used? As cool as pro-stocks are... Unless stated otherwise by proof from the sellers behalf, I kind of almost never believe description on eBay regarding pro stock sticks. I just recently bought a S17 pro-stock for 90$'s off eBay. The pictures of the stick were really clean looking... No chips, cracks, nothing! Looked perfect so I went for it.

The description of the stick read something like this " Only used in one minute of an NHL shift " - When I received the stick... There was this black glue all over the stick ( players use it for grip ) - and I mean the stick near the hossel area was just screwed up - glue ... hair on it, lol... couple nasty slash marks..

The player practically went to war with this thing! In one minute apparently... Anyway - pro stocks are more durable, or they're suppose to be! but nothing beats out a fresh, out of the factory OPS stick from a local retailer. They have warranties too.

Try your luck one more time, but if you still have some doubt - As spoken of in this thread, The One95 2 pieces are cheaper by 40-60$'s and they have proven otherwise to be one of the best 2 pieces out on the market.

He is dead on. It seems to be the same way with the prostocks too.

I've seen this mentioned a few times now, but I've also read posts that say that the flex feels true to the number. I've been searching through the archives, and keep finding conflicting info.

I just broke a 280-flex prostock Dolomite that I really liked - an Easton 85 or 90, depending which chart you believe. Any chance of a 95-flex prostock One95 feeling about the same? Or would it have even more whip to it?

I have 2 95 flex One95's pro stock & to me -- they feel like a Easton 85 flex. They're pro stock Lombardi OPS's.

they feel whippier coz the flex/kick point is closer to your hand

but ye one95 have been super durable from what i've been hearing everywhere

gonna stick a one95 blade into an ak27 sometime gonna see how that works out since i'm a low kickpoint guy

exactly what i was gonna do...only thing with the p92 is i want to sand it down to make it a square toe, just too damn round for me, think it'll affect the blade?

Get a P14 Bauer OPS One95 if you can..A bit of a square toe there...Similar curve to a P92, flatter rocker though