Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sichy

2010 Bauer Roller Hockey Equipment

I just saw the 2010 Bauer Roller Hockey Product Catalog, and I must say, traditionalist are going to really like the all black (with minimal red) Bauer Vapor RX:60 Roller Hockey Skate. The Vapor RX:60 Roller Hockey Skate looks to be the best of both worlds (ice/inline).

Senior Features:

Quarter Package: Ultra-light tech mesh with thermoformed X-rib pattern

Lining material: Hydra Max Liner

Heel Support: Patented pro-integrated support

Tongue Construction: Form-Fit2 molded tongue, with lace bite channel, abrasion resistant material, and high density metatarsal guard

Outsole: Full Texallium composite

Chassis: Vanguard Magnesium Hi-Lo 76/80mm

Wheel: Labeda Addiction 608

Bearing: Mission Swiss 608

Has anyone tried on the Bauer Vapor RX:60 Roller Hockey Skate? If so, what are your thoughts?

nice.

Good work with the mags. They should be pretty light.

My only negative criticism about them is the red/black. I would have liked to see the same colorway from the ice skate boot.

If a Mission skate sells, Bauer gets the money.

If a Bauer skate sells, Bauer get the money.

:)

There are some people that might be die hard Mission fans and some that might be die hard Bauer fans.

They can capture both audiences this way.

only thing i can think of is that the mission boot is supposed to fit similar to the supreme line so offering a boot similar to the vapor would be a good idea

I would LOVE to see some photos.

I hear so much negativity towards the Bauer roller stuff. I just don't get it at all.

I love my skates.

From my personal experience Nike Bauer did not put an emphasis on creating a high end inline skate. I skate a pair of Nike Bauer One50's for ice and like them. When my old Missions died on me a couple years back, I saw the Nike Bauer Accel Lites, which looked very similar to my One50's. I bought a pair, only to find out that they failed in comparison to my One50's. The boot liner was fabric and the stiffness of the boot was substantially less than my One50's. Not too mention, the OneUp chassis construction seemed really cheesey (bad welds and the axle system was circa 1991). Just my $.02.

Now, I'm curious to find out if they took the X:60 and put a roller chassis on it...or if they changed components of it first and then slapped a Mission chassis on it. If this is a legit X:60 boot paired to the Mission chassis, I will be an extremely happy consumer.

My only negative criticism about them is the red/black. I would have liked to see the same colorway from the ice skate boot.

To each his own. My first impression was how much more I liked this than the X:60 color scheme.

-Mike

I really (as mentioned in another post above) hope it's their Iceboots that they slap mission frames on, and not some watered-down boot like they usually do.

It would be fantastic to be able to buy off the shelf top of the line skates with a great frame system. Instead of all the Ice-to-Roller conversions that people currently do.

i think bauer owes me some money or at least a free pair of skates!!!!

LOL if those really are your skates, I may as well refund your money and bar you access to the MSH Skate in DC. :P

i think bauer owes me some money or at least a free pair of skates!!!!

LOL if those really are your skates, I may as well refund your money and bar you access to the MSH Skate in DC. :P

well, they were my skates, i've since sold them. what can i say, i just don't like all these new skates with their crazy graphics on them. i love the classic black boot with white holders look. btw, your probably going to hate the supreme 70's im going to wearing at the DC skate.

If these are in the 2010 Roller equipment for Bauer when will these skates be coming out, ballpark estimate, and if these really are as good as they seem to be they will be dough-snacks. :D Dough-snacks=alot of money ;) How much for a pair?

if the specs listed are correct, then the only difference between this and the ice boot is the outsole material. Maybe Zac or Sean can chime in on the product to confirm or deny, but I would imagine if it really is the top end it looks like we might see a slight price staggering like CCM and RBK do

If the boot would be the same as the X60 ice boot wouldn’t that make the price of the skate be 600+? Since the frame, wheels, and bearings cost more than ice holders.

maybe, maybe not. The Vanguard being mass produced for two lines might help with costs, and we don't really know what margins are like for the manufacturers. If it really does match up on specs I can see a $600 price tag

Since most of you seem to be quite curious about the boot construction of the Bauer Vapor RX:60 Roller Hockey Skate, I've taken the time to compare the features of the Bauer Vapor RX:60 Roller Hockey Skate with the Bauer Vapor X:60 Hockey Skate/Bauer Vapor X:50 Hockey Skate.

Below are the senior features of the Bauer Vapor RX:60 Roller Hockey Skate and in brackets is where the feature is from when in comparison with the Bauer Vapor X:60 Hockey Skate/Bauer Vapor X:50 Hockey Skate.

Senior Features:

Quarter Package: Ultra-light tech mesh with thermoformed X-rib pattern (Bauer Vapor X:60 Hockey Skate)

Lining material: Hydra Max Liner (Bauer Vapor X:60 Hockey Skate)

Heel Support: Patented pro-integrated support

Tongue Construction: Form-Fit2 molded tongue, with lace bite channel, abrasion resistant material, and high density metatarsal guard (Bauer Vapor X:60 Hockey Skate)

Outsole: Full Texallium composite (Bauer Vapor X:50 Hockey Skate)

Notes:

For the heel support feature, the 2010 Bauer Roller Hockey Product Catalog makes no mention of anatomical heel/ankle support. However, since all of the 2009 Bauer Vapor Hockey Skates have such a feature, I would assume this is the case for the Bauer Vapor RX:60 Roller Hockey Skate as well.

Also, in the 2010 Bauer Roller Hockey Product Catalog, there is no mention of the footbed technology used for this skate.

Lastly, as I forgot to mention in my original post, these skates run from size six to twelve in both full and half sizes along with both D and EE widths.

I like the attention to dettail with the red stiching, but the graphics on the chassis kinda kills it for me. It looks to "busy" compared to the more simple colour scheme on the rest of the skate.

does this mean that now there is a merger that they have let the patent/copyrite slip for between the brands??? will this be something we see across the whole product range???