Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knuckles

8k vs 7k

I've been using an RBK OPS 7k Datsyuk 85 flex for a long time. I just love the performance I get out this stick.

since Reebok stop making the 7k...I have to look for something else.

if I go with an 8k shaft/blade combo...can I expect the same performance as I had with the 7k?

thanks

Well it is tapered so it will be more like an OPS then a standard 2 piece but it will still feel different. If you like low kick points it seems like a pretty good shaft to go with.

I have one with a pro mission blade and it seems quite a bit lighter then the 7k, its as light as my se or close actually cut to a length i want untaped. Its a pretty nice stick actually it kicks pretty hard actually, pleasant surprise for $99.

I believe if you went with the 8k OPS you would get a very similar performance to the 7k and you can still find 7ks around.

I tried finding one around where I live, but they're all out.

it's the OPS 8k or 8k shaft

actually the rbk product stick manager claims the 8k has better performance than last years 7k

Because it does.

On a side note, i got chirped for having a 8k on phew, but i dont see any higher up shaft then the 8k so is it the top of the line shaft? I was under the assumption the 8k was the same as the 10k but fused, like the one95 and the one85. Which, if was true would make complete sence to offer a shaft version. It definatly is no low quality shaft though, its very light and seems pretty solid. With a blade seems around the same as a se.

It's PHEW what do you expect? It's a bunch of teenage faggots who get new equipment every week because they ask their rich parents to do so for them. It's basiaclly an army of Vsnipes71s.

haha v-snipes .. I don't think there's anything wrong with having good style but judging the character of someone because of the color of there skate laces is foolish, its even worse using terms like dusty and durty. Kind of a hypocrite as i posted up some pics on there in the past but i think style is not strictly a 480 on a 4000 and huge flop, any gear can look good depending on how its worn (except for cascades, never ever ever).