Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TBLfan

Mission glove appreciation thread

With the buyout of MIH, despite the roller line continuing as-is... Mission gloves and the direction they're heading may be changing. In my opinion, over the past few years the quality of retail gloves across the board have gone downhill, moreso in the past 2 years. Mission, has had and to this point continues to have some of the better built retail gloves.

How about us Mission glove fans share some of our beautiful Mission(including Biltrite) gloves?

Starting this off right can only be one glove. It is a custom made glove for one of MSH's admins with help from Justin, formerly with Mission hockey.

*Drum roll please*

Ha, still have that pair...it's in my bag of backup stuff.

Are there any kicking around anywhere that didn't have names on them????

The Fuel 130s are awesome. I used to wonder why players were so persnickety about their gear but now I know. Have no idea what I'm going to do when my gloves fall apart and all the steel on my Mission skates are down to nubs.

No, those with MSH colors were an one-off for me. Chadd did a team order that was black and white.

Didnt Justin have a fire sale on here last summer/fall? I bought a really nice pair of U of MN M-1 gloves for a steal. They're a well-built glove. TBL? Why do you think glove manufacture has declined across the board? I really dont buy stock gloves other than my retail NBH 4 rolls & Sande gloves

My son has the Mission Gromets. I liked the Mission Warp 2 and Warp 0, as well as the Wicked Lights. The 3 finger hole concept was really neat.

The mission M-1's are my favorite of all time. I actually started out with the M-2's which were almost as awesome (just missing the plastic inserts).

I have an ever growing stockpile of M-1's so that I never have to worry about running out of them.

I feel this thread needs my new beauties, even if they were just posted in the Show it off thread.

photogcj.jpg

No, those with MSH colors were an one-off for me. Chadd did a team order that was black and white.

*shaking fist* Curse you and your one off's Bouce!

I've got these sitting in the garage. Nice gloves, they're just a little flashy. Plus they're 15's and they just about come up to my elbows.

The white ones really grew on me, but I wasn't a huge fan at first. I just wish the retail heliums had longer fingers.

Chadd did a team order that was black and white.

Don't have the pics on my laptop, I'll dig one up when I get home. Justin also upgraded the foams from the retail model and put a little extra length on the fingers of mine.

I still have the original ones we did for MSH. The nylon M-1Pros with the custom color (black with white pinky and ring finger) those were awesome gloves.

Mission has had a ton of great gloves imo. The Warp Zero and Sub zero were some of my favorites (those are the asymmetrical ones with one hand being 3-fingered). The M-1 was phenominal too. The Bilt-Rite Works glove (back when Mission was called Bilt-Rite for protective) was one of the original "flashy" gloves and it was a real nice piece of work.

:D http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6584615.html

I still have the original ones we did for MSH. The nylon M-1Pros with the custom color (black with white pinky and ring finger) those were awesome gloves.

Mission has had a ton of great gloves imo. The Warp Zero and Sub zero were some of my favorites (those are the asymmetrical ones with one hand being 3-fingered). The M-1 was phenominal too. The Bilt-Rite Works glove (back when Mission was called Bilt-Rite for protective) was one of the original "flashy" gloves and it was a real nice piece of work.

:D http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6584615.html

Those were on Corebeam...I still own those as well.

I've got these sitting in the garage. Nice gloves, they're just a little flashy. Plus they're 15's and they just about come up to my elbows.

The white ones really grew on me, but I wasn't a huge fan at first. I just wish the retail heliums had longer fingers.

I was a little surprised at that too. The fingers on the 15" are shorter than the fingers on my 14" X72's.

Didnt Justin have a fire sale on here last summer/fall? I bought a really nice pair of U of MN M-1 gloves for a steal. They're a well-built glove. TBL? Why do you think glove manufacture has declined across the board? I really dont buy stock gloves other than my retail NBH 4 rolls & Sande gloves

You want the best example, take a look at TPS gloves. Look at the original R8 Pro models and compare it to the latest R8s and R10 gloves. They feel and look cheap. Look at RBK retail gloves. The list goes on but that's not what the thread is about.

I wish I could get my hands on these for under $100. I think these went for $120 on eBay.

035b1.jpg

TBL, good point and most likely the reason those retail gloves sold poorly. There is a rather sizeable difference between the TPS pro stock and retail gloves. Other than HG, I dont see a lot of the LHSs carrying many RBK gloves or any at all. Bauer, Easton, Warrior and Eagle seem to dominate here with the occasional Torspos. What about CCM's gloves?

TBL, good point and most likely the reason those retail gloves sold poorly. There is a rather sizeable difference between the TPS pro stock and retail gloves. Other than HG, I dont see a lot of the LHSs carrying many RBK gloves or any at all. Bauer, Easton, Warrior and Eagle seem to dominate here with the occasional Torspos. What about CCM's gloves?

CCM and RBK retail gloves have been horrendous for the last decade or so, that's why you don't see many retailers carrying them. The new ones are better though, they appear to be moving in the right direction.