Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ivan

Sherbrook SBK

*cough* Sherwood *cough*

Seriously...what the heck is this? Some disgruntled Sherwood employees started up their own company?

I mean:

P_53.jpg

It's interesting that their "brand story" is coming soon on the website. I would think for a new/unknown company that would be quite important?

Well, not a complete Sherwood ripoff. Their curves are Easton clones- SAK, MOD, LID, and BON- the Bon (Bondra, their only sherwood clone).

I bet they bought the old sherwood factory.

Well, not a complete Sherwood ripoff. Their curves are Easton clones- SAK, MOD, LID, and BON- the Bon (Bondra, their only sherwood clone).

I bet they bought the old sherwood factory.

Sherwood has made those Easton clones available to teams in their sponsoring league programs for years.

My totally uniformed outsider guess is that the folks who bought out Sherwood realized that the "wood" in their brand's name was holding them back and tying them to the last generation of hockey gear. This rebranding and silly graphic scheme (see Muskoka's recent ugly graphics as well) is an attempt to reposition their product. The vast majority of the line on this web site is sherwood product already on the market. It will be interesting to see if this is the replacement and phasing out of the Sherwood brand of if "Sherwood" will remain in some capacity (i.e. the wood stick products).

http://www.sbkhockey.com

These sticks are the best I've ever played with http://www.sbkhockey.com/STICK_DK21.html

And I own a bunch pro stock sticks, even a Warrior Spyne

These look like the new SWD RM19s that were to come out this year, just a different paint job and rebranding the name. I've heard they are even more blade heavy. Is that true? Where did you get these sticks?

hmmm... isn't sherwood located in sherbrooke, QC?

Yes.

Maybe a rebranding?

Nope. Sherwood now goes by the name Sherwood/TPS.

I did notice that they advertise they they can do custom stuff on sticks and gloves among other things. Now the glove whores here have another brand to try.

I did notice that they advertise they they can do custom stuff on sticks and gloves among other things. Now the glove whores here have another brand to try.

Nothing that they haven't tried before.

This will surely date me, but here goes.

I remember Sherbrook skates from back in the early 80s. They were one step below rental skate quality. All vinyl boot that would crack after 10 sessions of open skating. Noone that was a hockey player would use them for fear of being picked on by their teammates in the locker room.

If the new sherbrook is anything like the old one , they should be out of business by,,,, well, hell, what time is it?

Its eye catching! I still think this is better then Easton's though. Theres always seems to blow me away with how confusing it is. Speaking of easton's website, what happened to their message board? Hope I didn't miss a toy drive!

I mean, what's the deal with all of the knights and hockey? ANd really bad Flash websites?

Swords = Hockey Sticks

Body Armor = Pads

It's a pretty direct comparison, but I agree: over used.