Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chockey

Sprung vs. Tuuk Rocker

As the roller hockey season fast approaches I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Tuuk Rocker and the Sprung Chassis? Both claim to mimic Ice movement and feel. I've seen some chatter on these boards, but nothing definitive as to which was preferred. You could also say they both stink as compared to standard chassis - Any reply would be appreciated. My current skates are rbk 5k high-lows.

Any thoughts?

C

SB- Hockey

I'd say a 120+ page topic is a start...

But to boil it down, for Ice players that switch between inline and ice all the time I'd definantly go with Sprungs.

For inline players I'd go with a vanguard or beemer chassis, since IMO I loose half of my first step with the sprungs, everything else is great but the accelleration is sub-par.

I'd say a 120+ page topic is a start...

But to boil it down, for Ice players that switch between inline and ice all the time I'd definantly go with Sprungs.

For inline players I'd go with a vanguard or beemer chassis, since IMO I loose half of my first step with the sprungs, everything else is great but the accelleration is sub-par.

That doesn't boil it down. It does sound like you may have a sub-par first step compared to all the many hundreds of stoked inline only players on Sprungs. Are you faster than everyone around you on your Vanguard or Hum'er?

If we want to boil it down, we're looking at the future of inline coming out of all those ice players that are starting to, and need to continue to, cross over into the roller hockey world. When I go to the international tournaments, I see teams clean house, and find that they are all ice players that a smart group of coaches have turned into the best roller hockey teams in the world.

Ice players like ice blades (and ice) because they can outperform all roller hockey frames and the players in them. Sprungs are not THE SAME as ice, but they are "the same as ice" for most ice players.

If Sprungs don't improve your performance, it could be any number of things. Here's two of them.

There are players out there that are so good that absolutely no single piece of equipment is going to make any difference other than make them aware of something they didn't have to think about before. If they find a reason to get over that they move to Sprungs. And ice players more readily. Either way, these players are going to eat everyone around them, all the time, even if they are in shoe boxes with square wheels. When whole teams of them get together, somebody still has to lose. It will be the smarter players who will win, not the ones with the best equipment. Like the NHL.

Then there are players out there who are not going to get any better, no matter what, no matter what, but they love playing roller hockey. So if they find Sprungs more comfortable and more stable and easier to stay up, and in the action, then they move to Sprungs. But wait, that's improving your performance, isn't it.

You will notice that there is no single product, in all of hockey, by one company that every player loves and purchases. The sport is filled with its past and present and future products at every quality and cost level. The players out there have purchased every spec of it and most of them don't mind that other people may like other things. If it fits good and does the job you paid it to do, you'll be happy. And adaptability is a good attribute.

Other than that, I don't really have an opinion (right now :lol: ) one way or the other.