Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thefelixculpa

New Tour Skates issue...is there anything I can do?

So I've been posting on here the past week about how I was having an issue finding skates I like and how I blew 400 dollars on the Mission Lieutenants that kill my feet. Well I finally figured out that I can fit in a size 11 Tour boot.

So I bought the Cobalt 9.9s on Wednesday. I used them for the first time this weekend at a tournament and in the first game I played someone took a shot that hit my skate and the chassis just bent in completely like tin foil. I couldn't believe it. After blocking the shot, I tried to keep skating but my wheels just stayed in place.

I talked to a Tour rep. who was at the tourny and he told me that there isn't anything I can do warranty wise...he tried to bend the chassis back out for me by putting the skate in a vice and yanking it with pliers but it didn't work.

So here I am now with a brand new pair of skates that shit out on me on the first skate and no money to fix them since i've dropped about 800 on skates in the past 4 months. Is there anything I can do, someone I could talk to from tour...anything...that could help me out? I am just not willing to accept what the rep at the tournament told me. I feel like i've been robbed.

cobalt.jpg

How does this NOT fall under warranty? What did the rep say? It happened under normal use within a year, so it should fall under warranty. Maybe contact Labeda directly? I don't know. Posting it here was a good idea, since there are people here from Tour.

EDIT: Where are the bridges in that chassis? My Mission chassis all have bridges between the wheels. This chassis has none?

Try bolting in some old wheels, take a flat head screw driver, put it between the wheels and chassis, try to pry (bend) it out enough to the wheel spins again. It'll still look like hell, but if it works at least it will be functional...

don't mess with it, contact Tour17 or Chad Siebel on here. If they don't cover this under warranty then it's completely bogus, but I have never known Tour to be a bad company like that so it would completely surprise me if they turn you away. You can also contact where you bought them from.

How does this NOT fall under warranty? What did the rep say? It happened under normal use within a year, so it should fall under warranty. Maybe contact Labeda directly? I don't know. Posting it here was a good idea, since there are people here from Tour.

EDIT: Where are the bridges in that chassis? My Mission chassis all have bridges between the wheels. This chassis has none?

I would guess that this is one of those things are caused by use and not from manufacturing quality or defect from the factory...? With that said though, does anyone have warrant information for Tour skates available that they could possibly scan? The reason I ask is that I didn't get any information about warranty with my Tours and had a question as well regarding what is and is not covered.

That should be under warranty. A chassis is supposed to be able to take the abuse of playing hockey. If it was after a full season, then I can see why they wouldnt cover you, but this was 1 game.

Im sure that can be bent back. Place the bent side on a solid flat surface. Take a thin piece of wood and place it where the bend is then tap it with a hammer.

A plastic ball did that?

Check your warranty first

don't mess with it, contact Tour17 or Chad Siebel on here. If they don't cover this under warranty then it's completely bogus, but I have never known Tour to be a bad company like that so it would completely surprise me if they turn you away. You can also contact where you bought them from.

The tour rep (guy named kevin) who told me its not under warranty was a nice guy. He put a lot of effort into trying to fix it for me...however the end result is a bit of a more roughed up chassis b/c he was heat gunning it and cranking with all his might. He gave me a free hat atleast :rolleyes:

Im sure that can be bent back. Place the bent side on a solid flat surface. Take a thin piece of wood and place it where the bend is then tap it with a hammer.

A plastic ball did that?

Check your warranty first

I doubt it will be able to bend back completely, even if it were to bend back it would still be weakened and probably happen again. It was with puck.

Tour says on this white piece of paper that comes in every box of tour skates Due to nature of the sport bent frames DO NOT fall under warranty

You may have to use a metal rod instead of a block of wood. The main thing is to support the surrounding area so it doesnt move. Probably a good idea to put the axles in before doing anything.

Its already a weak spot

Tour says on this white piece of paper that comes in every box of tour skates Due to nature of the sport bent frames DO NOT fall under warranty

that is what the tour rep. told me. But after 30 minutes of use? That is just ridiculous. I've never seen a chassis bend or break before from a plastic puck, I guess it just shows labeda's confidence in the durability of their product that they can't even offer a simple 30 day warranty for that kind of thing.

Same thing happened to me with my Code1s awhile back. Took a shot that I didn't even think was that hard, and it made a twisted wreck outta my chassis.

Don't even bother trying to pull them back into place. You'll wind up misaligning them somewhere else. For small dents maybe, but not for bigger ones.

I'm surprised it wasn't covered though. My damage happened after a few months of play so I didn't even bother looking into a warranty, but I'll tell you what, Mission would have no problem taking something like that back. I have only had positive customer service responses from Mission - and a former employee :) which is why I stick with Mission. They stand behind their stuff.

Tour isnt really to blame here, the chassis isn't made by them.

I contacted the two members that sdcopp told me to though...hopefully something good happens for a change!

I contacted the two members that sdcopp told me to though...hopefully something good happens for a change!

Tour put that chassis on their skate, it is their issue. I'm sure Walt or Chad will help you out.

Tour put that chassis on their skate, it is their issue. I'm sure Walt or Chad will help you out.

No doubt if TOUR is stamped on the box and on the skate..TOUR is souly responsable...The Tour guys on this board should help you out though...If you get the raw end of the deal and Tour says they wont help ya, let us know, we can start another thread on how bad TOUR products and customer service sucks...lol

No doubt if TOUR is stamped on the box and on the skate..TOUR is souly responsable...The Tour guys on this board should help you out though...If you get the raw end of the deal and Tour says they wont help ya, let us know, we can start another thread on how bad TOUR products and customer service sucks...lol

I didn't have any problems with my pair of Tours I owned, or the customer service.

#96 is right regardless of who makes the frame something should be done. Mission would be all over that stuff, and i know from personal experience as well. I do also find it odd that the frame doesn't have the horizontal bars in between wheels.

like I said, the tour rep was very nice and tried hard to help me at the tournament. it looks like tour is going to help me out, I spoke to chad seidel and he gave me someone to contact .

like I said, the tour rep was very nice and tried hard to help me at the tournament. it looks like tour is going to help me out, I spoke to chad seidel and he gave me someone to contact .

Good deal...I figured Tour would help ya out under your circumstances...

Have you contacted Tour directly about the problem? Their phone number is 217-324-3001, they should help you.

If you still have the missions you mentioned, have you considered putting the mission frames on the tour boots to hold you over in the meanwhile. I am not too sure what the practical implications of that are, such as fit though...