Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ahearn10

Custom skates

I ve been looking into getting some custom skates, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with eastwest hockey. I will have to do the custom order by phone if I decide to do it and I dont know how well that will go so just wondering if anyone has gotten custom skates from them before. Thanks

Get customs from your local dealer. Getting custom skates from someone more than a thousand miles away makes no sense.

Get customs from your local dealer. Getting custom skates from someone more than a thousand miles away makes no sense.

Good point, having a hard time finding a place that does them though, but I guess it would be better to by stock than a custom pair from a person Ive never seen before.

I just got some custom Nike Flexlite 12's from EWH, but Chadd is absolutely correct. You need somebody to physically measure and examine your feet to determine the correct make and model of skate you need. They also need to see your feet to figure out what modifications need to be done to the skate.

Good point, having a hard time finding a place that does them though, but I guess it would be better to by stock than a custom pair from a person Ive never seen before.

Seeing as your from New Brunswick, Maritime Sports in Moncton would be a perfect place to go for customs. I'm sure they could help you out with everything.

Anyone knows if custom XXXX will be made in Canada? I'd think and hope so. The stock pair I just got came with part of the outsole unglued. Made in China. Sending them back to the States from overseas is cost prohibitive. When you order custom skates is there some sort of a guarantee they do good holder mounting job?

All custom skates are made in Canada, regardless of the brand. At least this is what I've been told.

Someone lied to you

All NBH custom skates are made in Canada. That includes Vapors. When I was there they were making Vapors and Flexlites (Drew Miller)

Ivan - riveting is done by hand with pneumatic riveters.

I'm still surprised how they can get a skate to someone exact foot specifications. It is pretty neat. Apparently there is 1 thats right 1 guy that does all the custom graf skates for NA. :o

Anyone know what you can do in custom skates to help with heel spurs? I have haglund's deformatiy on the back of my heel, if anyone knows what that is lol

Anyone know what you can do in custom skates to help with heel spurs? I have haglund's deformatiy on the back of my heel, if anyone knows what that is lol

If I were fitting you for custom, I would take your foot trace and mark the area where the Haglund's bump is at and they will punch that area out.

I'm still surprised how they can get a skate to someone exact foot specifications. It is pretty neat. Apparently there is 1 thats right 1 guy that does all the custom graf skates for NA. :o

Not like there's that many being made.

Would they punch through the boot? That is if the bump was significantly big, would they punch straight through the boot? (make a hole in the boot)

No, what they do is add material to the last. They would shape the last to look like your foot, bump and all. When they make the skate, it would punch out that area.

JR I am still surprised not that many people have Graf skates in NA. Everyone I know loves them, and I personally think they made amazing skates. If they did as much advertising as Bauer, RBK, I think they would probably surpass them in terms of likability.

I see that makes sense :), since you do customs JR I have a quick question about what you guys do exactly. Do you take the measurements of the persons foot and special needs i.e. heel spurs, and then send the measurements into nikebauer (for example), and the people at nikebauer interpret the measurements into a particular size, width etc, or do you yourself decide what width and length is needed based on your measurements?

Nothing to do with advertising. It's essentially a niche product.

I think it has a lot of advertising. How many kids go into a store and say "Dad I really want Graf skates?" Practically no one. Most kids or people unless they have played hockey a lot or read about gear haven't heard of Graf. Furthermore, most stores don't push graf skates like they do other brands.

I notice a lot of companies state that they make the best performing skate, and people blindly accept it for the most part without actually testing out the aforementioned claim.

If anyone can help me, do you know any good LHS in the tri-state area that do custom fit skates. Preferably closer to NYC. I want to get custom fitted XXXX's. I'm on stock xxx's now. My dad raised me a bauer boy. I've always worn bauers but if i switch it would only be to grafs. I need a good spot in NYC that KNOWS skates and fitting.

Anyone knows if custom XXXX will be made in Canada? I'd think and hope so. The stock pair I just got came with part of the outsole unglued. Made in China. Sending them back to the States from overseas is cost prohibitive. When you order custom skates is there some sort of a guarantee they do good holder mounting job?

JR, I rather meant holder alignment job.

If stock skates fit me OK but are unsatisfactory quality, should I and will I be able to order customs with stock specs or I will have to ad some sort of a "custom" gimmick like white tongues to get NB make me a pair?