Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vathsdrop

True OPS?

I picked my gloves at purehockey Nashua and they are one70 (can't afford the extra 50$ for one90 which are pretty much the same)

Chadd>How in america, a company can sell OPS that are not OPS? :blink:

Is the S17 a true OPS?

I picked my gloves at purehockey Nashua and they are one70 (can't afford the extra 50$ for one90 which are pretty much the same)

Is the S17 a true OPS?

by not a True OPS he means that it was not made as a one peice stick, rather it was made as a shaft and a blade fused together

Is the S17 a true OPS?

It's a fantastic true 3 piece stick....more pieces, more money. :)

Is the S17 a true OPS?

What do you consider to be a "true OPS"? By my definition, Busch/Graf is the only true OPS. At best most other sticks have a complete, one piece shaft with a blade attached later.

Is the S17 a true OPS?

What do you consider to be a "true OPS"? By my definition, Busch/Graf is the only true OPS. At best most other sticks have a complete, one piece shaft with a blade attached later.

what about the True 1/MacDaddy

This argument/comparison can be had all day long. The only thing that matters in this conversation with regards to OPS, 2, 3, 6 is the feel for the puck. Some people will argue that a "TRUE OPS" has better puck feel....personally, my R6 has perfect puck feel for myself....and honestly that is all that matters in this comparison.

This argument/comparison can be had all day long. The only thing that matters in this conversation with regards to OPS, 2, 3, 6 is the feel for the puck. Some people will argue that a "TRUE OPS" has better puck feel....personally, my R6 has perfect puck feel for myself....and honestly that is all that matters in this comparison.

A big part of feel is what you're used to using. I'm not a fan of the super-stiff blades, but I came of age with wood blades while a lot of kids today have never used a good wood blade.

nice split, now we can talk about it more...

ive used mostly fused sticks, as opposed to the MacDaddy and the Inno True 1

im not going to lie, i didn't really notice a difference...most sticks are fused (i think) so i use mostly them..is there any reason some companies even make TRUE composite sticks?

on the s17 why do they fuse a shaft to the elliptical part, why don't they just extend it and make that the shaft. i know nothing about stick construction so i'm just wondering

I really think the OPS term is just overrated. If your blade breaks, isn't it better to just replace it for $40 rather than trashing it? And anyway, how much better would a true OPS be than a top of the line two piece?

Ok so if I sue Bauer for that false OPS I should win right? :unsure:

I was thinking that in US people sue people just because they can :P

haah....

but if you think about it...there's no REAL definition of One-Peice stick

Ok so if I sue Bauer for that false OPS I should win right? :ph34r:

I was thinking that in US people sue people just because they can :P

haah....

but if you think about it...there's no REAL definition of One-Peice stick

No you would not win unless its a lower end model. The high end OPS like the ONE90 and XXXX say monocomp technolgy right on the stick. And the XVI says fused one piece construction. No on the stick but its listed in the ad

Mine is one90 169$ at that price it hurts a little bit my ass to know afterward that it's not a true OPS bussches-like :(

And mention "monocomp" is right one it

To me, "One piece" means one piece and not several pieces assembly together

In the specs we can read "True one-piece design"

Do you like the stick and does it perform as well as you hoped it would? If so, who cares if it's a million pieces.

Do you like the stick and does it perform as well as you hoped it would? If so, who cares if it's a million pieces.

Which if you think about it, it really is. You could consider each of those tiny carbon fibers a piece if you wanted to, there only a little more fused together than the shaft and blade are

It is like watching a merry go round packed full of kids from the short bus on it....

Could someone lock this one up?

agreed, we've gone from sticks to semantics...

Mine is one90 169$ at that price it hurts a little bit my ass to know afterward that it's not a true OPS bussches-like :(

the one90 is a true OPS

the one90 is a true OPS

No it isn't

We need an emoticon for ripping your hair out.

EDIT: something like this

pullhair.gif