Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummer12

Ballistik Offset Blade

Looks like Ballistik bought Hespeler's Offset Blade idea, and are now incorporating it into the Composite world. We used to have the old Hespelers and when our shop couldn't last, we still couldn't get rid of those damn blades.. I think we ended up giving the last two or three away. I myself could never get myself to try them. For those that have and Loved them, you're wishes have been answered, and the concept has been reborn. (For now)

Oops, forgot the pdf link...

http://www.ballistikhockey.com/docs/OffsetBlade.pdf

(Took a few minutes to load for me)

Bought one on clearence for $5, but I had no idea what lie was and the Gretzky II is 4 or something equally low, while I use a 6. Add the incredible weight, it never went into a shaft until it got smashed in a strength test.

If I come across one I'll try it, but Ballistik isn't in any stores near me.

Well if I ever see a Ballistik in stores, I'll look at it. I don't really understand how an offset blade can provide all those benefits, but whatever.

sort of reminds me of the stx crankshaft for lacrosse, it's got a kink at the top of the shaft as well. i haven't tried it but this does seem like interesting idea.

i used one for pond hockey a few years back. interesting feeling blade for sure. for one thing i didnt shoot nearly as well then, but i was putting some serious air under the puck when i wanted to. the best way to describe it was that i could really cup the puck a lot better on wrist shots.

I used one back in the day for a whole 5 shots before it snapped. It is a good idea in theory, but didn't really translate to a good product when they first came out.

I've still got one of those original wooden ones if anyone is interested. Used only once...

What's the lie on it? I never ended up using the one I had because the pattern was a 4. It would be interesting to throw in my backup stick. Guys I play pickup with only bring one stick most of the time, though one will rarely break as there aren't any faceoffs or hacking. But if they do and are RH... OFFSET CITY!

...meaningfull posts...haha

Oh the irony..

I tried one of those back in wood, what a piece of crap. I'd try this but only if I got it for free, or very close. And as stated above, I don't understand how they can claim it's that much better.