Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

riotgear

newron frame on inlinewarehouse?

gees, that's ridiculous

more for recreational i guess

They've put all their bucks into advertising which is why they are so visible in the market. Big ad in the major roller hockey magazine, but "not for roller hockey".

"An ugly no-talent-photo-op with a sugardaddy." But other than that, I really don't have an opinion. B)

They're "working" on a frame for roller hockey as that one is too long. Probably won't be hard as you can see the huge gap between the middle and end wheels.

Labeling the product as revolutionary or innovative is funny and a slap in the face to Sprungs.

They're "working" on a frame for roller hockey as that one is too long. Probably won't be hard as you can see the huge gap between the middle and end wheels.

Labeling the product as revolutionary or innovative is funny and a slap in the face to Sprungs.

whatever man, we all know sprung is where it's at. i'll laugh at the first guy i see with those on his skates. i mean come on.. $300 for frames? they should be self-propelled for that type of cash.

It pisses me off every time I see their promo in the USAH mag. Last week some kid pointed to my Sprungs and asked if they were those Newron frames. Ughhh.

It pisses me off every time I see their promo in the USAH mag. Last week some kid pointed to my Sprungs and asked if they were those Newron frames. Ughhh.

boooooooo

just tell him to come read every post on this board about sprung and then dare him to ask you again.

well apart from the colour sceme they look pretty terrible.

*cough* seen the product video? how well err...? dramatic? can you make an ad for a skate frame?

and well? "Wheels pivot up and down to mimic ice hockey skating movements " did they just say "hockey" why yes!! they did!!! but didn't they also say not for hockey use? so how are you ment to practise hockey movement without well, playing a bit of hockey on them?

And without offence to the guy in the video.... He seems rather enthusiastic about each stride, he is getting completely air-bourne!

Im guessing the wheels they come with aren't that great, same with the bearings?

And just off topic looks like the mission vangaurd mag frames are out now for $160, dunno how long they have been out for though :(

i say we all know that this newron is bogus and let's let this thread go.... (yes, i know i started it)....

i got an email yesterday at work promoting this frame. i responded and asked them how it compares to the Sprung frame. I was SHOCKED at the response. The person answering actually BASHED sprung. I will never speak or do business with them simply becasue they have nothing better going for them than to bash the competition.......

sales 101 newron. send your guys to some training.

Is it close enough to the actual Sprung design to infringe on any patents? Is the Sprung model even patented?

it's a double rocker vs. springs on each wheel, 2 different concepts

I think that the specific point that he was trying to make is that with the Sprungs, each wheel has its own completely independent rocker. Compared with the Newron where there are 2 rockers with 2 wheels attatched to each rocker. Thus if more pressure is applied to one wheel and the spring compresses it will release pressure from the opposing wheel on that same rocker.

it's a double rocker vs. springs on each wheel, 2 different concepts

I think that the specific point that he was trying to make is that with the Sprungs, each wheel has its own completely independent rocker. Compared with the Newron where there are 2 rockers with 2 wheels attatched to each rocker. Thus if more pressure is applied to one wheel and the spring compresses it will release pressure from the opposing wheel on that same rocker.

Sprungs have two pair of biased rocker arms that move independently and in conjunction as pairs. When you apply downward pressure they spread and allow the boot to sink into the suspension. You can have anywhere from one to four wheels on the ground and the suspension is still working. They are articulated with suspension.

Newrons have two solid one piece yokes rigidly attached to the frame that pivot but do not expand or contract. You have one, two or four wheels on the ground. Any bumps are passed directly to your foot. They are articulated without suspension.

There was a version of these out in 1996 that are probably the same patent. My patents sight the invention and it was an easy pass. The patent may be public domain by now.