Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tsanga

Baking Grafs

I just got myself some used Grafs. Did a bunch of searching and came up with this for baking Grafs. Can someone confirm or correct?

1. Bake at 180F for 4 mins.

2. Grafs can be baked multiple times because of the traditional materials used.

3. Grafs don't have to be baked.

I have a convection oven so I can do this at home.

Thanks!

You could get away with baking them a little bit longer; probably 5-6 minutes. Yes, they can be baked multiple times (three is usually the magic number), and, no, they don't HAVE to be baked - no skate does.

BTW, how can I tell what size the Grafs are? I practically took the skate apart, but no tag or printing.

What size are the holders?

my 10W have 288 and they are mounted right up to the edge so I would guess 10 or 10.5 for yours.

Hmm...I was told size 9, and the more I try them on, the bigger they feel. This would make sense.

Although, Chadd, I read in the other thread that apparently your 11" foot is bigger than my 11" foot.

Hmm...I was told size 9, and the more I try them on, the bigger they feel. This would make sense.

Although, Chadd, I read in the other thread that apparently your 11" foot is bigger than my 11" foot.

If I step on a sheet of paper and my big toe is right at the edge, the back edge of my heel is right up to the edge as well. If you count the slight bulge that's just above my heel, that would probably be another 1/4".

Aha. I get my 11" by standing with the back of my heel up against the wall, then measuring out to the big toe. So I'm probably including what you call "the slight bulge that's just above my heel."

So...size 9 skates would probably have 280mm holders?

I got my new Grafs today and if you unlace them nearly all the way and lift up the tongue you can see the size printed just under where the eylets are at the edge of the tongue. They also have the size on the inside of the back of the heel but I'm guessing that has been worn off.

Thanks. That explains it - size 10. Time to return these.

Damn...I really wanted Grafs too. About the best fitting heel lock I've tried on.

my 10W have 288 and they are mounted right up to the edge so I would guess 10 or 10.5 for yours.

My 9.5W came with 280's if that helps narrow it down.