Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hooah4

Stars new ad campaign

I like them both. I was watching PTI today and the one old guy on there was trying to fight back by saying didnt rick tochett (Spelling???) just go through a big gambling scandal. Nice try buddy not even close to shaving points as a ref.

I love the ad! I like some puns, allusions and other stuff like that in ads to make it more personal for those who know whats up.

Why do you think the stars couldnt actually sign anyone this offseason? All the money went into these sweet ad's...so pretty much, attendence wont change.

Zach

Thanks for posting all the ads donkey. The headlines are good, but in any warm environment the word "cold" is just plain scary. (Trust me, as a Canadian who's wife is from a warm environment the word cold does not go over well.) In view of this, the "Come into the cold" line is a major deterrant.

Thanks for posting all the ads donkey. The headlines are good, but in any warm environment the word "cold" is just plain scary. (Trust me, as a Canadian who's wife is from a warm environment the word cold does not go over well.) In view of this, the "Come into the cold" line is a major deterrant.

They were probably hoping that in 100 degree days of August that slogan would sounding appealing. At least they didn't go with "ice" or "snow" in their slogan, this is an area where any kind of frozen precipitation is cause for shutting down the entire state.

They were probably hoping that in 100 degree days of August that slogan would sounding appealing. At least they didn't go with "ice" or "snow" in their slogan, this is an area where any kind of frozen precipitation is cause for shutting down the entire state.

I really think that's part of the problem with hockey's popularity in the warmer states. It's freakin hot outside so you're wearing shorts and a light t-shirt. You decide to go to a hockey game, and you're dressed for the outside temperature so when you get to the rink you freeze. Not fun.

Also, the idea of wearing pants and a sweater on the way to the game, so you're comfortable at the game doesn't work because you'll sweat your bag off during the commute. It's amazing how small deterents like this add up.

I've been pretty comfortable in the NHL/AHL rinks I've been to in shorts+t-shirt. I guess that's because I'm a hockey player... But pro rinks in my experience have been much warmer inside than your normal rink; anytime I practice at the DCU center in Worcester (sharks affiliate) I sweat buckets compared to what I normally do.

I'm not a big fan of so many of the ads promoting fighting or violence. I'm all for toughness but "Assault and Battery?"

On the temperature, my wife is a casual fan -- and as mentioned earlier from a warm part of the world -- and her policy is never to go inside a building that is colder than what it is outside. So in Vancouver terms, she'll watch me play or will join me for the odd Canucks game from November to February.