Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raygunpk

RBK Talon

I was in this store today ( located in BC ) and I was trying on a few skates. Nothing in my price range really fit that well because my feet are extremely wide, until I tried on these RBK Talons which fit pretty good.

I have tried looking around here and there's nothing on these skates. Is this a skate just named differently because its sold in Canada?

http://www.thehockeyshop.com/Merchant2/mer...kates_Player_Sr

Thanks

I just saw that skate at the new Source for Sports that opened near me. I was also surprised to see Rbk sticks called Talon and Thrust as well.

I guess nobody has reviewed it then...

If I happen to get that skate then I will let you guys know how it goes.

BTW just curious, what IS the widest skate out there?

it is really dependant on where your foot is wide... forefoot... middfoot... high instep... deep ankle volume.... many options that fit specific feet. However the RBK mid range stuff, like 5K and the mentioned Talon are quite wide through out. but a 709 or G9 from Graf is a deep fitting skate which may suit you better, if you need a wide skate, that fits a bulky looking foot. Also the Supreme 70 is a good choice for a bulky looking foot. (high instep, high arch, deep fitting...)

How come they sell the Talon cheaper than a 5k? does it mean Talon is lower end than 5K?

It's a SMU, so it can be ANYTHING because it's basically a custom order in bulk.

As for why it's cheaper one over another, it's not an apples to apples comparison - maybe it has everything the 5k has, but no clarino liner, or maybe it has the white 9k features that you can't get on a 5k normally, etc. You can't merely say that it's lower quality than the 5k because of the price or that it's cheaper because it's not as pretty (which is always in the eye of the beholder - look at how the obnoxious bling skates with chrome with black/yellow highlights are flying off the shelf or the sale of pink hockey gloves).

I think it's safe to say that the Talon skates are mid-end. The RBK SMU series for souce for sports has the Volt as the low end, and the Thrust as the higher end, with the Talon line in between.

I've been told that the Thrusts are equivalent to a 5K with some upgrades. I think it's got a clarino liner, but no thrust footbeds.

wow those are some sick looking skates. good price too on them and they have the pump. nice pick up there. too bad i just got new skates or i'd have to get a pair of those.

talon and thrust are both based off the 5k skates

but the thrust has a composite outsole and quarter package like the 7k

also both use F-I-T footbeds and not Thrust

i just bought these. i took them over the easton 1300 c cause the easton gave me some pain in the top of my foot. I dont need a really high end skate i just wanted something that fit properly and found it in this skate. Pump works great. Imo its essentually the white 5k. I upgraded the fit insoles to superfeet grey. Ill probably skate in them on the weekend and ill let everyone know how that goes.

BTW previously i wore ccm 952's which were a half size to big. I didnt realise that untill i got my innlines which fit properly in all areas. At first i looked for a mission skate because of how my inlines felt but the ones i tried on caused me so much ankle pain just from walking around in them that they were unbarable.