Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Havok19

Just got my house broked in!

Well here goes my hockey stuff.Lost everything hockey related except my MIA blue and the new stealth i bought from rinkrat94 cause i was at a ball hockey game tonight.

Lost a bunch but the worst thing is most of my ops (about 20) where boought on ebay and here.Dont know if my insurance will cover that.My computer too (i am on my laptop atm) so sad.

My 52 inch sony gone my dvds gone this will be a bitch.

1 st time i will claim anything for my house! Is it a pain to do? I have the police report they just left about 20 min ago.

Anyway life a bitch grrrr

Havok19 aka Willie

That sucks. At least no one got hurt. Looks like they left your computer! I'm assuming you have homeowners/renters insurance? Depending on whom you have your policy with, filing a claim shouldn't be too difficult. Do a detailed inventory of what you lost. Call your agent and they should instruct you from there.

See if your neighbors saw anything- It may help the police locate these clowns. Hopefully they will get snagged doing the same thing to someone else.

I'm sorry to hear about that and hopefully your insurance covers most if not all of your stuff. The worst part to me about being broken into was knowing I had some dirty bastards around my house.

That really sucks. I know its not much compared to you but about 2 months ago I got my 8 gig nano after it was a few months old and 40 bucks taken and I'm still pissed about it.

Just got off the phone with the insurance woman,she told me to make a complete list and to try to get the most receipe as possible.But has far as internet stuff she said i will have a high probalility to have nada from it.

The only thing i am asking my self how the hell can a person can steal a 52 inch tv without anyone seeing it.Stuff can be replace good thing i have my laptop from job in my car.

Thx for the kind words guys.But on a good note .... i can buy new gear wooooooooooohooooooooo!.

Haha! That's the spirit, Havok19!

So what are you looking to buy? Yes, I'm trying to keep you in a good mood in spite of your loss.

I know the feeling of getting robbed. About two months ago a crack head broke the window out of my mustang, stole a $40 watch and all my change from the ash tray.....the worst part was the $75 window I had to install because he decided to smash it out instead of opening the door I had left unlocked.......

Thats brutal that they won't replace anything you bought off of ebay though, wtf it was yours and you paid for it right? whats the differance if you paid in cash and threw out the receipt, or bought it from ebay?

Hmmm why can't they replace ebay items? I guess you still have all your paypal receipts in your e-mail inbox + your ebay account which could prove your purchases. No?

Hmmm why can't they replace ebay items? I guess you still have all your paypal receipts in your e-mail inbox + your ebay account which could prove your purchases. No?

Paypal receipts and emails regarding transactions should be enough. Put everything on the list and if they question you, produce the information. It's the total that they're worried about.

hope you get your stuff back... reminds me of a guy i work with. He had the theif in the house when he and his wife were sleeping. The thief had the balls to actually try and sneak into the room they were sleeping in.

My friend (he's about 6"6 and barrel chested) woke up and nailed the guy... both started a fight which ended in the bathroom. My friend had him pinned between the toilet and the bathtub, basically just sat on him... shouted for his wife to call the cops. He then realised that he was still naked (dont ask me why, just damn funny when he told me), and he had to get his wife to put on some pants for him while he was still sitting on the thief... ahha....

hope you get your stuff back... reminds me of a guy i work with. He had the theif in the house when he and his wife were sleeping. The thief had the balls to actually try and sneak into the room they were sleeping in.

My friend (he's about 6"6 and barrel chested) woke up and nailed the guy... both started a fight which ended in the bathroom. My friend had him pinned between the toilet and the bathtub, basically just sat on him... shouted for his wife to call the cops. He then realised that he was still naked (dont ask me why, just damn funny when he told me), and he had to get his wife to put on some pants for him while he was still sitting on the thief... ahha....

Crap like this illustrates why Florida's version of Castle Doctrine should be the standard.

I see you are in Australia, so you'll still have to wrestle naked if someone breaks in....

That is really a pity. I dont know if its a fraud, but maybe someone can help him out with a receipt when one is missing.. Im thinking loud at the moment so dont bash me.

Anyways, im very sorry for you, Havok.

that would be fraud... Hopefully he's kept all reciepts and printed and filed all transactions for equipment bought. It should be enough to atleast get a large sum of lost equipment.

I would guess that he didn't file all transactions, but perhaps if you bought alot of your gear with a debit/credit card, you could go back to your bank or monthly statements and show the transactions for money spent at the hockey shop.. It won't say exactly what you bought, but it would atleast show how much money you've spent at the shop, most of which would be equipment.

my friends house got broken into recently as well.

he got kind of lucky though. they broke in, grabbed his hockey bag, emptied it (except his skate pockets), and then filled it with a ton of small and expensive crap.

so, the only equip. he had stolen were his bauers.

people that do that crap need to die.

I have some of my receipe.Evrything is going well atm.My hockey teamates gave me 3 sticks (there back up) even tough its not my curves i apreciated the move and they said to sold them and get me a warrior once more (cause i was the 1 st to get one in the team and got pointed at beacause of the flashiness of the sticks until i destroyed the other team with 5 goals) so Its the running gag in the team Warrior Willie.

I aleredy bought skate and 1 hockey bag.Bought a 60 inch toshiba and a new 360 for my sons (11 and 8).So look at the sale section you will see 3 stick soon to get me a new warrior but i am keeping the stealth i bought from rinkrat94 for sure!.

And btw thx EVERYONE from msh cause many of you sent me Pm and wanted to give me stuff they did not use anymore.The gesture was really apreciated and i love the msh comunity.

Havok19 aka Willie

Man that sucks - had my house broken into a couple years ago - Insurance is a royal pain in the a$%. However I was able to get some money for stuff as long as I had even photos of the items (so just because you don't have receipts, not necessarily the end of the world).

You're very lucky if no damage was done to the house - if they're taking your sticks, it's most likely kids and 90% of the time they'd have just trashed the place for kicks....

You have time to report to insurance (regardless of what they tell you - for sure at least a year) - so don't rush to report - you may not notice everything right away (for example you might go to put on your leather winter coat next fall and all of a sudden notice it's gone...)