Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wayne

Joost

"Before you can sign in and download Joost, you need an invitation from another user."

anyone on here a user that might want to invite me in?

How naive of me to think that it would take longer than 1 reply for someone to blindly ask for an invitation to join.

Does anyone have any experience with it? Tips?

I think i have 3 invites. pm me if u want one with ur e-mail address

EDIT: looks like i have unlimited invites. pm me if u want a invite.

I haven't been able to actually watch anything, even though there are a bunch of fifth gear programs and more I'd like to check out

I keep loosing connection

joost uses P2P connection for this but in a legal way. i guess the ports required for joost are blocked by ur university.

It didn't work for me. It told me after I downloaded everything that I needed an intel based mac. I guess I don't have that.

They had it setup for a Mac download, but I have a PowerPC processor and it only works for Intel based processors. Hopefully they put out a version I can get.

Thanks for the invite btw. I installed it and honestly, I am very impressed with it. I have been watching the Fueled by ramen channel and Comedy central :)

Great stuff!

I've been playing around with it for the past few days and if they can keep fresh content circulating and plenty of advertisers, I think there's a viable product here.

Right now, there's mostly the kind of content to remind me why I don't subscribe to cable TV, but it's still pretty wide-ranging. There's a half-hour program on there about the 2006 Red Bull Crashed Ice race that was pretty interesting to watch.

mac23, the specs do call for an Intel-based system (see here). I'm not sure what the final version will call for, but you might be out of luck. The H.264 codec used hits a processor pretty hard.

And for hockey, I never know how much stock to put in a blog but:

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/05/01/nhl-on-joost/

Says that my gfx driver doesn't support proper Direct3D functionality and to check my hardware acceleration (which is set to full.)

What the hell?

Have you updated your Videcard drivers recently? And if so, do you have a videocard that is atleast semi recent and not just stock "pentium video"?

guys keep this in mind, this is BETA which means there'll be bugs in it and you may have to change some settings to make it work or you may have to wait for a newer version of Joost! to come out. thanks guys!

also, if u have problems with Joost. you can post on here and i'll try to help ya out!

this is now the official Joost thread!