Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSnake22

Fila Skates

FilaSkates.jpg

Anyone remember these? They're a friends pair. I'd never seen or heard of them other than one mention of them in the trip down memory lane thread but since i have no memory of them at all lol i was curious to know more about them. According to my friend they never really made too many pairs and the chassis were junk so he put these Tuuk rockers on that he had lying around. They really look like fila's old Basketball shoes... The toe caps seem like they could take a bullet, a little overkill for an inline boot, also cut crazy high. Seem like they'd be comfy though but maybe not very high performance... Feel free to chip in with any thoughts, stories or comments...

Ya those are lace locks... first skates to have them as far as i can tell... seems like the disappeared on skates after these until ccm brought them back... strange...

I remember FILA making some roller hockey skates back in the early or mid 90's. I also remember seeing ads in Roller Hockey or Inline Hockey magazine back then with higher end FILA offerings that looked alot like those. At the time they looked pretty high tech in the ads. The only ones I ever saw in person were some of the lower end models at our local sporting goods store. The lower end stuff was about all they ever carried in any brand.

Rick Henry