Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

RBK 9k O-Tech Stick (pics added by JR)

So I went into my shop yesterday, and after looking at a few of the catalogs for 07 [the owner of the shop and I talk a lot, so he let me see them], he told me about plans for a new RbK stick coming out in 07, called the "O". It's extremely top secret, no pictures, specs, nothing. But supposedly, is supposed to revolutionize the hockey stick industry (man haven't we heard that before?!) and retail somewhere in the $250-300 range (USD). It's a very limited exposure and will only be offered to First Line Dealers [JR has corrected me, it's Platinum Dealers haha], nobody else. Minimum order is 24 sticks. We talked about what possibly could be so amazing about it. The name O had us thinking Ovechkin, but he's signed with CCM. Then we thought of Crosby, and have it the first Rbk stick he uses when his Sherwood deal expires. Has anyone else heard about this Mystery Stick from Rbk?

Just thought I'd throw it out there. Mods can delete if this shouldn't be posted.

Lemme guess...

PUMP shaft!!

[insert un-mature laughter]

For $250-300 it better revolutionize the industry. For that price, it should score goals for you, never break, and have changeable lies and flexes.

I saw the stick today...its the new 9K....black, green, and silver

There is something VERY difference about it, but I doubt it will revolutionize the stick industry

Also, 'O' is the technology used in the stick

I saw the stick today...its the new 9K....black, green, and silver

There is something VERY difference about it, but I doubt it will revolutionize the stick industry

Also, 'O' is the technology used in the stick

you wanna tell us about the very different part...pleaseeeeeee

A perforated hockey stick? Might shave off some weight but if it's worth $250-$300, it's gotta have more than just that.

My thoughts exactly. And JR, why would the holes run up the hosel of all places? I'm thinking it's some stupid gimmick, a la the focus flex zone on the Z-Carb blades.

Oh and before anyone asks it... Will a tapered shaft/blade combo be made too?

I doubt that the stick will have holes in it. Maybe dimples though like golf balls and some illegal bats have had. If this stick is so revolutionary could it possibly be made from a different material?

Check out O-Port Technology at www.princetennis.com and you'll have your answer!

This link will get you closer.

http://www.princetennis.com/o3/index.htm

Gee, and I though it was going to be a pump stick! That way you'd have softer hands when it came to receiving those hard passes!

Seriously though, if they're going to do something like this the materials would have to be very tough because I think durability would be a major concern. Not to mention I wouldn't want to jam my finger in one of the holes!