Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael9

NHL players from your homewtown?

Title says it all, are there any nhl (ahl, chl etc.) from your home town?

From my homewtown, population 3000 approx. there is one kid in the Q and two kids in the ncaa, but none in the nhl, how about you guys?

guy named Colin Shields.

he got drafted by the flyers. 2nd ever guy from the UK to be drafted into the NHL. he played ECHL for numerous teams, NCAA Maine Bears, and many more.

coolest thing is... he used to live in my street. :)

i'm from thunder bay, ontario i have quite a few nhl players from my town.

-eric staal(and the rest of the staals), taylor pyatt, trevor letowski, greg johnson, ryan johnson, alex auld, patrick sharp, jason jaspers(i think hes in the a.h.l), and there might be more, but thats all i can think if..... chris pronger is from a town about 3 or so hours away from me, and mike richards is about 4 hours away from here.

Donald Maclean (Grand Rapids, AHL, also played with Detroit) family friend aswell, Ryan Flinn (Los Angelas), Steven Dixon (Pittsburgh), Jody Shelly (Colombus) and Sidney Crosby (Pittsburgh). Can't think of any others right now..

guy named Colin Shields.

he got drafted by the flyers. only ever guy from the UK to be drafted into the NHL. he played ECHL for numerous teams, NCAA Maine Bears, and many more.

coolest thing is... he used to live in my street. :)

Tony Hand?

Being from Saskatchewan I'm doing the surrounding areas as well.

Jarret Stoll grew up in my hometown, two doors down from him. Awesome guy. Comes home every summer to do a golf tourny and a hockey school.

My mom grew up with Kelly Buchburger. Her brother was in his class and used to play hockey together.

Darcy Hordichuck grew up about 20 minutes down the road, same thing with Tyler Wright.

Theo Fluery's hometown (not Oxbow, but Russell) is just a few hours East, about an hour from where my mom grew up. We used to go to his hockey camp every summer.

Nick Schultz grew up in Strasbourg, not that far from where I lived and went to my high school before he went to the Raiders. In my bio class actually.

Oh, and I played on the same ball team as Gordie Howe's great niece...er...something. (Her dad is Howe's sibiling's son...)

Yep, gotta love Saskatchewan.

I live in Toronto now, but I was born in London, Ontario and spent most of my time growing up there.

Mike Van Ryn is 2 years younger than me and went to my high school (Sir Frederick Banting SS), but while he knew a few of my friends I didn't really know him or hang out with him - I saw him around, but actually never really saw him play hockey. He actually played roller hockey for a team in the league I played in in London, but he was always missing from the games we played against him as he didn't make a lot of games because he was busy with higher level hockey.

I know Steve Rucchin also grew up in the same area as I did and went to the same high school and University as well, but he's about 6 years older than me so I've never seen or met him (I believe he was born in Thunder Bay, but grew up in London).

My cousin plays pick up once in a while with Jeff Hackett in London, but says Hackett will never play goal in the games only out. I'd love to get out and play sometime, but the pickup games are during the week when I'm in Toronto..and a 2 hour drive each way isn't too convenient during a weeknight. Usually when I'm in London it's over a holiday when there's no ice time.

When I used to live in London I saw Joe Thornton out at the bars once or twice, but I believe he's from St. Thomas which is about 15 minutes outside of London. I believe his cousin Scott Thornton is from London though.

Eric Lindros was born in London.

Port Colborne, Ontario Canada

Teeder Kennedy (Leafs)

Bronco Horvath (a bunch of teams)

No current players that I can think of, although Nathan Horton is from Dunnville (not too far away).

Bobby Ryan. He used to live two blocks from me, and I hung out with him and my friends a few times, until he got drafted for the O and moved.

He went out with my cousin too :huh:

Alex Tanguay grew up 20 seconds from my cottage.

He's a friend of the family.

But I live 4 hrs from my family...so I never get to see him and I did not grew up there, so I dont really know him.

I was 1 day late when they had the cup parade back in 01..I could of dranked in the cup damnit! :huh: but my cousin did, and I saw the pictures! :D

Theres alot, Garth Muarry, Mike Sillinger, Josh Harding, Derek Boogaard, Ryan Getzlaf, Jamie Heward. Im probably fogetting some gues. BTW Im from Regina, Sask.

One kid playing in the WHL for Calgary who lived/lives in my home town about 5 min. away from me, I'm really good friends with him and, another kid playing in Nor. Michigan D1 College. He already was drafted to the NHL by Tampa I believe. This is from Arizona, but there will be more in the future ;)

Not exactly in my hometown but within 20 minutes away.

Eric Boguniecki (Penguins)

Chris Drury(Sabres)

Might be more only ones that come to mind right now though.

Peter Laviolette used to live, like 3 houses down from me. He played HS here, and will be bringing the cup here soon! :D

Theres alot, Garth Muarry, Mike Sillinger, Josh Harding, Derek Boogaard, Ryan Getzlaf, Jamie Heward. Im probably fogetting some gues. BTW Im from Regina, Sask.

Chris Kuntiz

Gomer, Conklin, Carle, Ty Jones, Scott Parker, BJ Young, Brandon Dubinsky (soon), Barrett Heisten, Brian Swanson.

Chris Chelios grew up in my town. When Detroit won the cup in 02 Chelios brought the Stanley Cup to our village hall to sign autographs and take pictures with fans.

Donald Maclean (Grand Rapids, AHL, also played with Detroit) family friend aswell, Ryan Flinn (Los Angelas), Steven Dixon (Pittsburgh), Jody Shelly (Colombus) and Sidney Crosby (Pittsburgh). Can't think of any others right now..

ill add Brad Marchand of the moncton wildcats and Ryan Hiller of the halifax mooseheads. also Eric Boulton who is a good friend of my cousins.

I have a cottage in new glasgow nova scotia also, home to John Sim and Colin White

Southeast Michigan, more than I can name. I was born in the same hospital as Mike Modano. I went to high school with James Wisniewski (although he was 3 years older).