Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Piece of composite in OPS

well i have like tons of snapped easton one pieces, and there all broken in the blade, and i heard there is a way to take out the little piece of composite out so id be able to put it a blade without cutting the shaft all the much, i know you can send it to ppl and they will do it for you but does anyone know how to do it at home with shit you have aorund the house

thanks top

like you know when you cut it at the two peice part the little crack you notice at the bottom or ur stick,(if you dont see it put a synthesis blade beside it) well that little peice inside like i just pulled the blades out of tps sticks like no problem and most other company's but what about for easton and how you can do it without sending it to someone profesional

like you know when you cut it at the two peice part the little crack you notice at the bottom or ur stick,(if you dont see it put a synthesis blade beside it) well that little peice inside like i just pulled the blades out of tps sticks like no problem and most other company's but what about for easton and how you can do it without sending it to someone profesional

What?

To attempt to put his question in English:

After you cut the blade at the fuse point of a broken OPS, there is that little piece in there that was the tenon of the blade. He wants to know how to get it out without sending it to a professional, and not cutting above it.

To answer this question:

I have heard of people heating it up and taking a chisel and/or screwdriver to it and trying to just chisel it all out of there. Takes a while, I'm sure... If it were mine, I'd just cut above it and put a 3" composite endplug in it (that's about how much you'll lose by cutting above the hosel).

well i have like tons of snapped easton one pieces, and there all broken in the blade, and i heard there is a way to take out the little piece of composite out so id be able to put it a blade without cutting the shaft all the much, i know you can send it to ppl and they will do it for you but does anyone know how to do it at home with shit you have aorund the house

thanks top

A dremmel or rotary tool will do the trick - basically you have to drill and sand out the rest of the tenon from inside the shaft. Takes time and patience, but result can be a perfectly good tapered shaft.

thanks top

A dremmel or rotary tool will do the trick - basically you have to drill and sand out the rest of the tenon from inside the shaft. Takes time and patience, but result can be a perfectly good tapered shaft.

what if you don't have a dremmel tool. Can you just heat the shaft up and chisel with a hammer and flathead screwdriver. Does it just come out clean in one solid block or in many different pieces.

thanks top

what if you don't have a dremmel tool. Can you just heat the shaft up and chisel with a hammer and flathead screwdriver. Does it just come out clean in one solid block or in many different pieces.

I don't think trhat strategy would work well. Depending on the stick, the tenon can be pretty well fused to the shaft - I don't think you could keep it hot long enough and hand chiselling sounds messay and painful

As long as you are careful and patient chiseling is a good way to go about it. It won't come out all in one piece. You'll need to have a needle nose pliers near by to reach in and pull out some of the slivers. I've done it with about 3 different synergys and its worked every time. It also gets easier the more you do it.