Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tml67

Where to cut?

Does anyone know where about to cut a Synergy stick to convert it to a tapered shaft?

I imagine it probably wouldn't be consistant for all Synergy stick? I can see the graphic could be inconsistent for different sticks, hence different cutting point.

Thanks in advance

that link is to make a synergy a standard shaft, hes asking for tapered, 'sundin13' try doing a search, there were quite a few topics about this

Thanks..I'll look over the link

And if that doesn't get it for you....

Cut it in between the N and D in PATENT PENDING.

However, when I did this...I had to apply tape to the tendon of my blade to get a proper snug fit.

I would suggest starting at the G and try putting in the blade. If it doesn't fit, try the next letter...etc.

It seems the graphic on the Synergy shaft is not printed precisely on the same location for all shafts, so aligning your cut by the graphic is not going to give a consistent result.

For those who have successfully converted their broken OPS Synergy to a tapered shaft post up the length. I can measure it from the top and cut it to the same length...then I should have shaft that'll accept a tapered blade perfectly.

It seems the graphic on the Synergy shaft is not printed precisely on the same location for all shafts, so aligning your cut by the graphic is not going to give a consistent result.

For those who have successfully converted their broken OPS Synergy to a tapered shaft post up the length. I can measure it from the top and cut it to the same length...then I should have shaft that'll accept a tapered blade perfectly.

If you don't want to follow the instructions that have been used by many users on here....

Having someone measure isn't going to help either since those also won't be precise from people cutting their shafts etc.

The only other tip I can give you is what I used to do before I used the information from this board.

If your broken blade is still attached to your broken OPS, get an exact replacement blade and hold it up to the broken blade and mark where the blade would fit into the shaft....mark, then cut.

And if you're looking for an EXACT fit, it's a matter of luck. Cutting a OPS once it's been broken and trying to salvage it for a two piece isn't an exact science. You can take it or leave it from someone who has cut as many as 8 OPS's and every time I get varying results.

If you don't want to follow the instructions that have been used by many users on here....

Having someone measure isn't going to help either since those also won't be precise from people cutting their shafts etc.

It's not that I don't want to follow instructions from previous users...

I figure the length of the shaft & the tapered section would be more consistent then the location of the graphic printed on them. So if I know the length of a shaft that has been perfectly converted for a synthesis like blade, I can take that length and measure it from the top of my stick, mark it, then cut it...viola...I should have a perfectly converted tapered shaft as well :)

Thanks for the suggestions.

The seller was nice enough to mark the cut point for me, so I should be fine now.

Now I have to look for a synthesis type blade...

that link is to make a synergy a standard shaft, hes asking for tapered, 'sundin13' try doing a search, there were quite a few topics about this

Sorry for posting the wrong info. I did the correct search, I just picked the wrong topic. Next I'll be more careful.