Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dougie8

Gloves Crusty

I have a pair of Eagle X46i gloves and they were fine until i had them for a month then they started to get crusty and crispy when i aired them out and i dont know if all gloves do this after a while or what i could do about it? if anybody has a solution to this problem post it

Marcelo said something about Shaving Cream with Lanolin.....

Try that and rub it in the inside of the palm and let it dry for 24 hrs.

that shaving cream with lanolin makes my gloves smell like... shaving cream... and alcohol...

my mum never complained about my equipment but now even my mum's giving me a hard time about those gloves...

thanks, Chadd what is Funk Free? where can i buy it?

Not from me, I haven't placed my order yet. PM salmingusa, Jason has all the info on it.

The cheapest and easiest way to fix this is to just put a little bit of water on the plam before you use them and it wont be crusty for the game or practice.

they will go back however after they air out again, so you have to do this everytime

The cheapest and easiest way to fix this is to just put a little bit of water on the plam before you use them and it wont be crusty for the game or practice.

they will go back however after they air out again, so you have to do this everytime

thats like licking your lips when your lips are chapped

Shaving cream is the way to go for either baseball or hockey gloves; never liked the way conditioners leave the leather feeling.

Thats exactly what I would do with my Eagle X70i,the water was freezing but,surprisingly my hands werent icecubes on the ice.

For baseball gloves, shaving cream is not the way to go. A lot of times (depending on your glvoe) it makes it worse. A long time ago (like 2.5 years) I took some of this franklin leather stuff (worked wonderful for gloves) and put on bauer supreme 30's and it turned the palm slick and a darker color. Didnt look to good but it did stop it from getting crusty.

nah, get some of the franklin stuff, its even better. Its not like regulaur glove "oil" it comes out foamy just like shaving cream but it sinks into the glove much better and dirt doesnt build up as bad. You should try it, I think it is really worth the money ( like 2 dollars US) and one little can lasts a long time.

Not to get this too off topic but all I've needed to get a glove broken in is shaving cream, a belt and a microwave.

Not to get this too off topic but all I've needed to get a glove broken in is shaving cream, a belt and a microwave.

mack, please elaborate :huh: What's the microwave used for? :D

i wasnt really asking for baseball gloves but thanks for all the advice, I have been using water on the palms but i find that that gets a kind of slimey feeling after I use them and i was trying to find a way to make my gloves not get crusty after they air out

Trap-eze

Edit: It's Rawlings. Would have gone for Eagle but I don't think they have a 6-finger glove yet, plus this bastard's like 5yrs old.

I menat like what brand. I have a mizuno with a weird pocket( it's like trapeze but it has the weave in the middle) and I have a mizuno with the weave pattern and a mizuno with the "big" weave for outfield (its my dads).