Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Borsch

Taping Hockey Stick's Handle

Topic. I've always used to make "spiral" type design (layer of hockey tape, roll a piece of hockey tape into a long cylinder shape thing and then put it in spiral fashion around the handle, and then another layer of hockey tape on top of that) but now I decieded to get rid of the spiral from the handle (i was jarring some nerves in my fingers occasionaly) - so now it's just two layers of white tape. But now the problem is, the tape is sticking to the gloves (I'm using the same tape as on the blade and its sticky- glue on the seams I mean :angry: ).... anyway wats yours method? Share B)

I wrap about 3/4" around the top as a knob, then kinda round off what's hanging over the top. no tape below, just a simple knob.

I usually wrap over the white tape with electrical tape. Its not sticky and it doesn't ruin your gloves. Although the grip isn't as good.

i rip the tape in half to make a smaller butt-end. I cant stand a huge butt.i tape it about 3-4 inches down the stick.

thats the way to do it! :P

i start about 5 inches down, spiral the tape and go up the shaft, then while the tapes still spiraled make a butt end with it, then with more spiral go back down so it makes " X " all the way down, then when i'm back to the original starting point i tape back overtop of everythign with the tape normal. hard to explain but i like it.

So do you use the same tape as you use for your stick's blade? I'm just wondering if there is tape that is meant just for the handles... something less sticky (Like I say I've retaped my handle a couple of days ago and am SHOCKED how sticky it is... I've washed it with Fairy washing-up liquid in hope to get rid of this pesky glue, bit no luck :angry: I'm sure it'll be allright in a month, but that is...*&%^&*( BS

yeah same tape but I add baby powder on it.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it!

Cheers

BRILLIANT tip, Kovy_Ribs!! I've spraed it with my girlfriend's powder deodorant and it worked a treat! (the only "problem" is that my stick smells of roses now :wub: haha) But stickiness is gone. Totally gone! Thanks again! :)

I have a spiral running 5 inches from the top. i use one layer of white tape

Me too, but go a little more than 5"....maybe 6 - 7", then cover the spiral from the bottom of the spiral to the top of the shaft with tape. No knob at the top.

Gretz used to use baby powder on both his blade and handle. I head it and do that now too, you guys are right it works great. I just do a simple knob (very small) and roll it about 5 inches down the shaft.

6 inches down, single layer, RED tape, small butt end (I drape my pinkie over the butt end of the stick, so I like it small, just a few extra rolls)

I normaly just put tape on 3 inches down and leave it but I got my hands on some prostock grip tape(they dont sell it in stores and I've only seen AHL and NHL players use it so I assume its prostock)and It feels good. Not to sticky or thick.

Red tape (just a nasty 10-yr. habit I need to kick.....just ask all my top-hand gloves). Medium-sized knob, spiral about 6 inches down, and tape over the spiral back up to the knob.

I tape about 4inches down, and a medium sized knob. No spiral. Pink of Graf yellow colored tape.

For my blade, i do the Kovalchuk. Wax the tape with pig skateboard wax, then Mr. Zogs or BZ Spax wax on the forehand side only

i do a spiral about 1 1/3 inches down from the top, but i cover it with grip tape, i usually have my pinky+ring finger off when i stick handle so i don't like knobs getting in the way

Red tape (just a nasty 10-yr. habit I need to kick.....just ask all my top-hand gloves). Medium-sized knob, spiral about 6 inches down, and tape over the spiral back up to the knob.

I'm like that too, I should probably go to white but i've always done it so I'm sticking with it. I went to buy more tape today at my LHS and they didn't have any red, so I drove for 25 minutes looking for some :lol: