Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harv

repaints

Heard that Easton is straying away from repaints in the future.. Any info on this?

What do you mean by this? i.e. Player X using an ST painted like a RS?

Yes, SE16s painted as S19s, etc..

Yes, one of our endorsing players is an Easton Stick guy and he told me about this. Not going over real well with their NHL guys. He knows some guys have been trying out other vendors. He uses RS's anyway, so it wasn't really an issue for him.

Ah, I thought it just meant they weren't going to be putting current graphics on older models but this sounds like they aren't going to be giving guys the option of staying with older models at all.

Ah, I thought it just meant they weren't going to be putting current graphics on older models but this sounds like they aren't going to be giving guys the option of staying with older models at all.

Not producing them at guys' request is definitely how it came across. who knows if that will actually be the case. Im sure if any high profile guys start jumping to other brands over it they will change their tune.

Not producing them at guys' request is definitely how it came across.

That's what we were told and reported last year. It really shouldn't be a surprise at this point. It's also not remotely relevant to the topic of new retail product being shown and released.

i wish they would just bring back the se16 like bauer is doing with one95, except make it exactly the same. ive used the total one, apx, eq50, s19 rs, and se16 recently and i think it performs better than all with the EQ50 coming in second. it really is the best all around stick in my opinion.

I'm not familiar with "repaints", NHL players use a totally different stick than what it's painted to look like? What's the point of that, marketing?

I'm not familiar with "repaints", NHL players use a totally different stick than what it's painted to look like? What's the point of that, marketing?

In short, yes. If a company released a new stick they are trying to pump but a pro is still using last years model, it doesn't look great.

wait bauer is bringing back the one 95

No, Bauer isn't bringing back the One95. The new One.9 stick is said to be very similar to the old One95.