Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Miken Zero Limit stick

http://www.modsquadh...ken-zero-limit/

zl.jpg

I've been using this stick since the beginning of May - and now I've gotten the word to talk about it.

The ZL (Zero Limit) is a different stick than the Razor Z9 - they are going for two top-end (albeit different) sticks. It comes in at 435g (20g lighter than Z9) with a 29.5" balance point, so more blade-light than the Z9.

Also, the ZL is stiffer in the middle of the stick, whereas the Z9's flex profile was stiffest down in the lower half of the stick. Definitely easier for me to load the stick - prefer it over the Razor Z9 in that aspect.

Definitely a well-made stick. 100% carbon, 3k weave throughout (which does leave it with an interesting feel due to the weave)

Jason (jdksaves) will be able to answer any and all questions you may have about the stick.

zl2.jpg

Did they do a custom curve for you JR? How is puck feel? What will be the retail price point? Is this flex profile similar to the Nexus flex profile?

Price Point will be MAP pricing of $229.99 I'll let JR comment to the feel as I am slightly bias, but it feels extremely similar to Z9

Did they do a custom curve for you JR? How is puck feel? What will be the retail price point? Is this flex profile similar to the Nexus flex profile?

Yes, he had made mine for the Z9 and made this one with it.

It's got good feel - like he said, similar to Z9, which didn't disappoint with our LTRs in that respect.

I am still getting used to the balance. I've used it 4 times and since I'm working on two different sticks at this moment, there's a bit of an adjustment.

Awesome! Few followup questions. 1- would you prefer this newer stick for wristers over the z9. 2- what blade patterns will be available on release? 3- How far away are we from a release? 4- still made in USA like other top end mikens?

Yes, it's squarer than Z9. Bit of concavity as well.

Is the shaft shape any different than the Z9?

Yes; it's in the PDF I've attached, 4 patterns; think September, Jason can tell you better than I can; yes

Awesome! Few followup questions. 1- would you prefer this newer stick for wristers over the z9. 2- what blade patterns will be available on release? 3- How far away are we from a release? 4- still made in USA like other top end mikens?

I knew Booth was using something new. The squarer shape has me interested to see what this feels like in my hands. I may have to invest in one if I can find an Iginla clone when they hit the shelves.

so just to be clear, because i'm kind of an idiot, the zl would be mid-kick option while the z9 is the low-kick option? considering the description of the shaft profiles as well, could we think of this along the lines of bauer TO/boxier, concave shaft, mid-kick vs. x60/rounder, slimmer, low kick (i say x60 and not apx because the TO was lighter than the x60 at the time of it's release)?

Is the shaft shape any different than the Z9?

It is much more boxy than Z9

1 this does have a different flex profile, but i wouldn't say it is a slap shot or wrist shot stick as that always depends on where the bottom hand is when a player takes certain shots. Some will be different than others on how they prefer to shoot a stick. What I can say from testers feedback and my own experience it is if your bottom hand is slightly lower this stick will be easier to move into and if your hand is higher Z9 might be the way to go. A lot of it goes to personal preference and we are trying to create sticks that aren't designed for one particular shot as everyone at some point needs to use a certain shot for a given situation.

2 We will have all ten of our patterns that we had, but much more limited release of the patterns that haven't went as well as the 4 we have in the Sell sheet that is attached, so don't worry if you use a pattern that isn't on there it will just be a non stock booking only type pattern that any dealer will be able to order if they want it.

3 Stick will launch September 15th 2012

4 Yes, this stick is made in the USA

so just to be clear, because i'm kind of an idiot, the zl would be mid-kick option while the z9 is the low-kick option? considering the description of the shaft profiles as well, could we think of this along the lines of bauer TO/boxier, concave shaft, mid-kick vs. x60/rounder, slimmer, low kick (i say x60 and not apx because the TO was lighter than the x60 at the time of it's release)?

I would Say ZL is totally mid and Z9 is mid to low

excuse my stupidity but will this be released in canada or is miken just in the US?

Nothing stupid about your question, but to answer they will be offered in Canada, just like the Z9. Keep in mind we are a growing company so we are not in ever shop everywhere, but we are working on it, So if you don't see Miken where you shop ask about it and more than likely they can order one for you.

By all means ask your store about miken sticks. That's the only way they will know your interested, and get them on the shelves. Especially do this if you live in SEMichigan! The z9 is likely more my style from descriptions, but I'll likely check thIs one out as well

JR, how does you custom blaade compare to the PM9? It seems like it has more rocker and abit more height.

Nope and nope LOL...about the same, and a little shorter.

Curve is more abrupt whereas the Modano clone is a bit more gradual

It is much more boxy than Z9

I would Say ZL is totally mid and Z9 is mid to low

Two big selling points for me!

I actually went into a LHS intending in buying a Z9 and found the shaft shape not to my liking. It was the only thing preventing me from buying a Miken stick at the time. Very excited to hear that the shape is a little larger and/or squarer than the Z9 and the flex moves up a little bit.

Just wish 110-flex would be an option - but that won't hold me back!

I love the way the stick looks and with the notes on the shaft shape and flex profile - I will be a for-sure purchaser come September. Good job Miken!

any chance you might be marketing this overseas?

That is the plan, talking about possible show opportunities in the last few days

Just wish 110-flex would be an option - but that won't hold me back!

It plays a touch stiffer, I normally play an 85-90, went with an 80 MV-5, and found it to be a solid 85

Nothing stupid about your question, but to answer they will be offered in Canada, just like the Z9. Keep in mind we are a growing company so we are not in ever shop everywhere, but we are working on it, So if you don't see Miken where you shop ask about it and more than likely they can order one for you.

:):):):) yes I've. Been looking to try a miken stick for a while but I haven't found one in my lhs so I will have to ask that

That is the plan, talking about possible show opportunities in the last few days

Haha... 'possible show opportunities' would mean it wont come to Australia unless you intend to showcase at Nationals in Sep, and that means dealing thru the local retailers.

I'd take one in a 80 flex P92 RH in a heartbeat.