Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michzm

Bauer Gear, Nexus vs Total One vs Vapor

Hi Guys,

First time poster, short time reader but really like these forums!

Anyway, What I wanted to ask is, what is the difference between Bauers top lines of gear? I'm trying to define what IS the difference between the TotalOne, Nexus 1000 and the Vapor APX lines, I'm can't find any definitive answers anywhere (I'm sure someone will post a link and make me look foolish in no time!)

All I've seen is Nexus is a slightly different fit and nothing else.. Is there a actual difference or is it all very minor and mostly stylistic. With the protection gear they all claim they are light weight, high protection and high mobility, so whats the point of 3 lines?

I'm from Australia and I'm a late adobter to the sport so I've havent been around it for long and there isn't many people to talk to about it so I'm learning what I can as I go!

Im in Aus too, im in Sydney

The difference is mainly fit/sizing related, although I suppose many people think vapor is for forwards and supreme is for defencemen; but its all about what suits you. Check out the Bauer website http://www.bauer.com/and it should have pictures explaining the fit difference. I started with old vapors and moved to supreme both felt fine for me.

weight wise, Ive never tried the apx or nexus but i can tell you the supreme shoulder guards are incredibly light

the best thing to do would be too try some stuff on, talk to the guys/girls at your local rink. If your down in sydney check out this place https://www.skatersnetwork.com.au/default.aspx I go there all the time, they are extremely helpful and know their stuff. Best shop in NSW.

vapor protective gear is a lot more form fitting than supreme which has more of a traditional loose fit. cant comment on any of the nexus stuff havent tried it out

From what I know, Bauer runs two lines of gear... Supreme and Vapor. They are both on 2 year product cycles, with one year being a Supreme revamp, the next a Vapor and then back to Supreme, vapor etc etc

Supreme was touted as the power players' gear, while vapor was for someone with 'finesse'. Its more a personal preference though.

Kev here from Brisbane

Just to help clear up here....

The way the 3 Family fit (as Bauer is calling it) Was explained, and I have the Graphics I will try to upload.

To Sum up.....

Contrary to popular belief, Supreme is TIGHEST fit... "Anatomical Fit" Going to fit as close and naturally fallow the shape of your body as possible. Natural close fit, throughout the pad/skate/glove (Skate is natural, close fit around entire foot)

Nexus is the most LOOSE fit. Wide, a lot of volume, wide fit throughout the Pad/skate. Built to have more room and volume. A More Classic fit.

Vapor is Bauer's "Taper Fit" A combination of both. Ex. Vapor skates are wider in the toe box, tapering back to a narrow V-fit heel pocket. Same goes for the Shoulders/Shins/Elbows... Wider up top, narrowing to bottom.

There's not really a player type, (Power for Supreme / Finesse for Vapor) But it gives a starting point of what line you personally may prefer, being able to line up product aspects to certain preferences or attributes, gives a good starting point to say you may like .... best, try that first and see.

Let me know if there are any more questions on this...

Im only relaying exactly what was told to me by Bauer two weeks ago. Again, Im working on posting the actual graphics they gave us. I don't know exactly what you're asking as far as how they are made, but yes the supreme is overall the tightest fit, Nexus is the biggest, and the Vapor is wide and eventually narrows, so its essentially a cross of the two

If thats true then why are supremes built on an oversize last when vapors are not.

Pure Hockey is right - just because it is wider doesn't necessarily mean anything.

The Supreme is the most anatomically-fitting skate in the lineup. So, all things being equal and provided your foot fits it, it will fit your foot snugger than in a Vapor or Nexus.

First time posting here. I love Bauer gear, but continue having problems getting the correct size of skates. Went back and forth on Vapors a few years back - 7.5 D that were tight in the toe box and hurt the outside of my big toes. When I tried the wider skate, they felt sloppy. Now I'm having the same issue with the Supreme one seventys- I got last years model on sale. They fit me for 7.5 D and said I was borderline for the wider width (EE?). Tried them on at home and feel even tighter in toe box. I don't dare skate on them as I may want to exchange them for EE. I don't want to go thru the same issues I had with the Vapors- took forever to feel good and always put tape around my big toes. I was told the Supremes were wider in the toe box. Any thoughts out there? I've always had regular width in everything. I wear 9 dress shoe and 9.5 to 10 sneaker. Maybe I should try the Nexus? More forgiving fit from what I've read. Thanks!

The upper Supreme models fit differently than the mid/lower Supremes. So your T1 NXG/T1/ONE.9/ONE95/ONE100 fit differently than your ONE80 and down models, plus their D is an E in those models.