Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lefty718

Brad Richards Pro Curve

Its similar to a sakic, but slightly deeper, blade isn't as tall, flatter rocker, lower lie, more open towards the toe and the toe is kind of pointed. At least that's what it was in 2004 when I was able to get them.

I think I may sill have one in my storage unit. I've got to go over there tomorrow so I'll take a look.

Fair warning, the one I have is right handed. Yes, I know B. Richards is a left shot. The story behind that is - back in 2003-04 when Easton was cranking out the first synergy and couldn't keep them in stock for the pros, let alone anyone else, they ran into a bit of a problem. All the college players (which I was at the time) wanted more curve options than the retail curves. But at the time it was too expensive to do customs for college players, and even if they could pay for them, Easton was so backed up making customs for pros that the college players would have had a ridiculously long lead time and not gotten their sticks in time. So what Easton did was take several popular pro patterns ( i dont rember them all, but the Yzerman pro was one, so was the Styles, and the Lidstrom pro) and make them in both left and right to provide more options for college players. They also gave you the option of a few more patterns if you happened to be the same hand as a pro (I remember really wanting the P. Kariya pattern but he was LH and they only made the in left). I liked the pattern so I ordered the Richards pattern in RH for my senior year.

I think I may sill have one in my storage unit. I've got to go over there tomorrow so I'll take a look.

Fair warning, the one I have is right handed. Yes, I know B. Richards is a left shot. The story behind that is - back in 2003-04 when Easton was cranking out the first synergy and couldn't keep them in stock for the pros, let alone anyone else, they ran into a bit of a problem. All the college players (which I was at the time) wanted more curve options than the retail curves. But at the time it was too expensive to do customs for college players, and even if they could pay for them, Easton was so backed up making customs for pros that the college players would have had a ridiculously long lead time and not gotten their sticks in time. So what Easton did was take several popular pro patterns ( i dont rember them all, but the Yzerman pro was one, so was the Styles, and the Lidstrom pro) and make them in both left and right to provide more options for college players. They also gave you the option of a few more patterns if you happened to be the same hand as a pro (I remember really wanting the P. Kariya pattern but he was LH and they only made the in left). I liked the pattern so I ordered the Richards pattern in RH for my senior year.

They did the same thing for NHL players as well. Not all NHL players got custom patterns, and those who did, well, let's just say that's why Easton was #1 in glove and pant.

Good luck getting one now. Rangers pro-stock gear is near impossible to come by at a reasonable price...no team sale FTL.