Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charger92

Bauer P08 Curve

I'm looking into trying the p08 also (still pissed that it's not available in a blade) and after reading this thread I think it is my perfect curve because I love the p91 but its kinda flat and the best part is my backhand wouldn't suffer too much because I can still somehow get my backhanderst over the net with my p92

I'm looking into trying the p08 also (still pissed that it's not available in a blade) and after reading this thread I think it is my perfect curve because I love the p91 but its kinda flat and the best part is my backhand wouldn't suffer too much because I can still somehow get my backhanderst over the net with my p92

Back hands are cake for me with the p92, not at all with the p08. It is because the blade opens up at the heel and the lie is so low one really struggles to get it going just right. I can throw backhand saucer passes all day with a 92, but it truly is a different story with the p08.

P08 by itself

P08 vs. P91a

P91a on top with the P08 under

Awesome, after you posted the thumbs of these shots (in the "show it off" thread) I was really hoping you'd post the big ones, great shots! As a big fan of the P91A and P92 this looks like a curve that I'll definitely have to try, seems like it's not much lower lie than a P91A either, just slightly lower (which is perfect for me).

Awesome, after you posted the thumbs of these shots (in the "show it off" thread) I was really hoping you'd post the big ones, great shots! As a big fan of the P91A and P92 this looks like a curve that I'll definitely have to try, seems like it's not much lower lie than a P91A either, just slightly lower (which is perfect for me).

The lie was my biggest worry and it seems listed wrong as a 5. If anything, it is a 5.5 or 5.75 compared to the 6 of a P91a. Glad I could help as the comparison pictures were the things I really wanted. I started with the P92 and moved to the P91a and couldn't be happier with the P08. My snap shot is different but much easier to get off and much quicker as well. Stick-handling is much easier and I didn't find it hard to keep slapshots down. Could not be happier with the curve. My only gripe is Bauer hasn't created a replacement blade to put in the shafts I have so I am still on the search for a cheaper replacement stick compared to a brand new T1 or APX.

p91a is a 5.5 the p08 plays similar but not. It is really hard to describe. But this is very specific to how you handle the puck. When I use a p91a same length as a p08, the puck is much further out in front of me with the p08 than the p91a.

Hi,

Recently got this curve and trying to find the right length to cut it. Coming from a p92 (lie 6), have it a bit over half an inch longer, but I think it is too much. Did everyone just cut theirs the same as their lie 6 sticks?

I like this particular curve in a shorter stick. But it makes me play with my hands lower due to the lie. But then when you drag in and snap it puts the puck in the perfect spot.

i just picked up the TotalOne in the p08, 77 flex. I like mid kick sticks.. Ive owned a T1 in the past, same flex, in the p92 and I liked it.. but this p08 curve is insane... i need to get used to the loft but for slappers, it is effortless! I agree with the ones who said that it doesn't feel like a true toe curve. It feels like I have to get used to closing the blade when taking wristers, and even let it roll off the mid or maybe heel to toe. i have used the Hossa pro for the lognest time, and with that curve, I was able to just sling the puck off the toe. I wish I could do it with the p08, but I thinka couple of shooting sessions, and I will get the hang of it. It is defintely a great blade for dangling, as the lie is perfect for me.

That curve is way bigger than the P08.

The pattern 10 from Harrow has to be close to 1 inch. It makes the P08 look like a PM9 to me! I have had both at the same time. Made me laugh side by side!

Back hands are cake for me with the p92, not at all with the p08. It is because the blade opens up at the heel and the lie is so low one really struggles to get it going just right. I can throw backhand saucer passes all day with a 92, but it truly is a different story with the p08.

I like this particular curve in a shorter stick. But it makes me play with my hands lower due to the lie. But then when you drag in and snap it puts the puck in the perfect spot.

Skyscrape, do you use the same length of stick with both the P08 and P92? I am in the process of switching back and forth but also adjusting stick length in general on some of my sticks. I'm going to try the P08 again after using the P92 or P88 mostly the past few months. I used the P08 a couple times at a longer length, but will be trying it again at the standard Bauer length to see how the shorter length changes shooting and stickhandling. Really had a nice slingshot effect shooting off the toe with the longer stick but it hurt my in close stickhandling.

I decided to give my t1 p08 to my brother for his birthday. I can't get used to it.. I want a true toe, and don't like having to shoot heel to toe as I am a toe/mid - toe kinda guy. too bad though, it was great for clappers, but it really hindered my snappers and wristers. My accuracy, and control went down alot. I guess I will stick to my bread and butter hossa pro curve. The downfall to that is that it isn't the best for clappers, but hey, 99% of my shots are wristers anyways

Skyscrape, do you use the same length of stick with both the P08 and P92? I am in the process of switching back and forth but also adjusting stick length in general on some of my sticks. I'm going to try the P08 again after using the P92 or P88 mostly the past few months. I used the P08 a couple times at a longer length, but will be trying it again at the standard Bauer length to see how the shorter length changes shooting and stickhandling. Really had a nice slingshot effect shooting off the toe with the longer stick but it hurt my in close stickhandling.

I personally liked it a little longer than the p92 for shooting. BUt it excelled at a shorter length for stick handling. Just experiment til you find what works best for you. I am more of a shooter than a puck handler so I tend to find what gives me the hardest most accurate shot consistently and I stick with it.

I go back and forth between the p92 and the p08. It starts to open a little bit at the heel unlike the p92, but then opens more at the middle and toe in a more familiar way. I don't really shoot off the heel with it though; I'll just shoot from the middle or from the toe.

How long did it take you to get used to it from the p92 ? I'm currently using a sakic/hall and want to try this curve what's the lie like ?

I recently just got an ccm Ovie pro stock, the curve should just about be the same as the P08 but from my experience, it took a while to adjust to the curve, everything was high and it was hard to keep it low but as mentioned before it is very easy to raise when playing close to the body. Although after a few skates with it I really do like it, slapshots were hard and accurate same with wrist shots, if you have the option to try it, Id go for it