Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GinoSnipes

Pro Return Easton Kreps Curve

Hey I recently bought a Easton RS left handed 100 flex with a Kreps curve from PSHG. I knew I should've ordered more of these sticks but by the time I received the stick and decided I liked it they were all sold out. So on to my question, does anybody know how I can get some pro stock/pro return LH 100 flex RS sticks with a Kreps curve either directly from Easton(not custom, I mean pro returns) or anywhere else, I've also seen alot of guys in the OHL using sticks' with these curves. If anyone has any info on finding some of these sticks that would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Im sure that you already know since you are a PSHG customer that you are able to get Sher-wood t90 ops and blades made custom molded at only a min of 3 for really cheap. Im sure you are looking for a RS with that curve but if you can find a shaft that you like you can always just mold the curve. Just an option.

a bit off topic but does the curve on the ebay look like a gionta? OP, can you post a picture of your pro stock, please?

Yah I can I will probably tomorrow

Im sure that you already know since you are a PSHG customer that you are able to get Sher-wood t90 ops and blades made custom molded at only a min of 3 for really cheap. Im sure you are looking for a RS with that curve but if you can find a shaft that you like you can always just mold the curve. Just an option.

Yah I have considered that option but I like the elliptical of the RS and it's hard to find shaft that's tapered with the same weight and shaft geometry of the Rs

easton kreps is a milder ovechkin, definitely not an exact copy

PSHG said in a forum on sports2k that it is an Ovechkin clone from his earlier NHL days. Easton grabbed one of his sticks and cloned it but since then he has put more loft on it and started it more at the heel. So it is was his exact curve but has since then changed it

P3300026.jpgdoes that look like the Kreps pattern?

it a pro draper

a bit off topic but does the curve on the ebay look like a gionta? OP, can you post a picture of your pro stock, please?

Here is a picture of the Kreps Curve on my RS PetgraveCurve-1.jpg

I just order some S19's with this curve so hopefully they are what I want RuutuS19-1.jpg

A little late to respond but I saw a few pro returns for Clutterbuck and Cullen with curves nearly identical to Ovechkin pro. Cullen was a lefty. just another option for you to explore if you ever in need of that curve.

P3300026.jpgdoes that look like the Kreps pattern?

it a pro draper

This is an attractive curve, kind of like a cross between retail Gionta and Kovy pro, in my opinion.

A little late to respond but I saw a few pro returns for Clutterbuck and Cullen with curves nearly identical to Ovechkin pro. Cullen was a lefty. just another option for you to explore if you ever in need of that curve.

This is an attractive curve, kind of like a cross between retail Gionta and Kovy pro, in my opinion.

looks like a kovy pro except lh

Do any of you know if the Kreps is the same as the Warrior Versteeg or Bauers P08? I called Warrior to try and find out about Versteeg and was told to compare the pictures. We all know that a picture of a curve does't quite give enough information. If any of you have had both I would appreciate your opinion. Also I've read the Kreps is coming to retail. Anyone know if true and when?

Lots of questions.... Thanks much

Do any of you know if the Kreps is the same as the Warrior Versteeg or Bauers P08? I called Warrior to try and find out about Versteeg and was told to compare the pictures. We all know that a picture of a curve does't quite give enough information. If any of you have had both I would appreciate your opinion. Also I've read the Kreps is coming to retail. Anyone know if true and when?

Easton is coming out with a new E28 pattern on the new mako stick probably out in the spring, looks like the kreps not for sure haven't seen the curve in a different angle yet.

Easton is coming out with a new E28 pattern on the new mako stick probably out in the spring, looks like the kreps not for sure haven't seen the curve in a different angle yet.

Thanks for your help. I might give the Versteeg a shot in the meantime. I have also been using the Gionta. Between the Gionta and the Versteeg which do you think is closer to the Kreps. Either way I'm looking at custom because the Gionta is not at retail anymore. I like the Kreps but need a softer flex than you find with a pro-stock. I cut 9" off my sticks.

Thanks for your help. I might give the Versteeg a shot in the meantime. I have also been using the Gionta. Between the Gionta and the Versteeg which do you think is closer to the Kreps. Either way I'm looking at custom because the Gionta is not at retail anymore. I like the Kreps but need a softer flex than you find with a pro-stock. I cut 9" off my sticks.

Warrior Versteeg is actually's Toews pro pattern which judging by pictures looks very similar to the Kreps curve. If you cut 9" off why not just go with an intermediate off the Warrior customizer?

You are thinking exactly what I'm thinking. I just posted questioning about intermediate flex. I've got the stick all built and just trying to talk myself into hitting the purchase button. I'm strong, but short. Do you think an intermediate stick would be ok. When I say strong, not a kid anymore.

I didn't want to start a new topic, but has anyone experimented with different flexes with the Kreps curve? When moving from say a sakic, did you stay the same flex, go up or lower?

I picked up a lower flex than I am used to in the kreps, and am wondering if I want to try it in a flex closer to what I am used to or just push through the adjustment. My slapper is fine, but sometimes my wrist or snap shots flutter or knuckle and the kick feels awkward. I'm wondering if this is the flex making the adjustment more difficult, or just growing pains of a new curve. I didn't have these issues with the P08 or the sakic.

When moving from say a sakic, did you stay the same flex, go up or lower?

I went from a original Mako 75 flex Sakic to a Mako II 75 flex E28. Only adjustment I had to make was for the slightly lower lie on the E28, other than that everything was all good. I would sparingly use my pro stock Doughty with the Kreps curve just cuz I liked the curve so much, but it was 105 flex cut down several inches, and I definitely have a better shot/release with the E28 using my normal 75 flex shaft.