Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lecq

Bauer Vapor Ice Hockey Skate Sizing?

Hey guys,

I need some help with sizing into Vapor X50's. I know that bauer only comes in EE and no E...but does that mean that bauer customers only have a choice of regular or SUPER wide or does EE literally equal E? My second question is I don't know if I'm a D or a EE. I live in Richmond VA so there are NO shops that sell Bauer Vapors...-_____-...so i cant try them on. So I'd really appreciate it if you guys can help me out. My foot length is 10.75inches and my width is 4.218inches. Dividing 10.75/4.218 I get 2.548. Hope this information is enough. THanks guys

All I can tell you is my foot is 4 inches wide, size 11, and I am in a Bauer one80 8.5 EE. I cannot wear vapors because they are not deep enough. When I was sized, I fell between an E and EE.

I am pretty sure that CCM/Reebok has a patent on 'E' sizing and that is why Bauer and other manufacturers call their wide skates EE. they are actually E but cannot use the E rating due to the patent of CCM.

I am pretty sure that CCM/Reebok has a patent on 'E' sizing and that is why Bauer and other manufacturers call their wide skates EE. they are actually E but cannot use the E rating due to the patent of CCM.

I have never heard of any company patenting a width, do you have a source for that information? As far as I know, it fits the same standard as any other type of footwear.

E and EE are different. Bauer only offers D and EE at a retail level, and only in some sizes/models. This is typical for most skate manufacturers. Producing every width of forfoot and heel would not be practical. They make what fits the biggest part of the bell curve, if you're outside of that, you either need to customize a retail skate (punch/stretch) or order skates with custom widths.

i wear size 8.5 size shoes. and im a 7 ee in vapor x3.0's with yellow superfeet. i have wide forefeet so i needed the ee. i really love them. the weird thing is in my vapor x05 from last year they were a width of r whuich is narrower than d.

i wear size 8.5 size shoes. and im a 7 ee in vapor x3.0's with yellow superfeet. i have wide forefeet so i needed the ee. i really love them. the weird thing is in my vapor x05 from last year they were a width of r whuich is narrower than d.

I don't know what scale you're looking at but R is larger than a D.