Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elpresidente99

G3 Profile user vs APX vs TO

Now I'm a TOTAL ONE Player, i love the feel and performance. Last practice i got hand on my friends x:60. The feel isn't comparable but man my wristers pop off like rockets and accurate like arrows.

So my first question, has the new APX stick comparable feel like the TO stick.

Second question: People who already uses G3 Profiles on Pro Stock sticks, how is the kick performance. Is it more like a TO or a APX.

Thanks

Now I'm a TOTAL ONE Player, i love the feel and performance. Last practice i got hand on my friends x:60. The feel isn't comparable but man my wristers pop off like rockets and accurate like arrows.

So my first question, has the new APX stick comparable feel like the TO stick.

Second question: People who already uses G3 Profiles on Pro Stock sticks, how is the kick performance. Is it more like a TO or a APX.

Thanks

did you even bother to read the 2012 bauer catalog thread?

Yes, but there is only mentioned that they feel like a woody but my question is how it kicks and shoot. Can't imagine it shoots like a woody :-). There are a lot Pro stock stick around that have the G3 Profile.

The thing is should i wait for the nexus or buy a apx twig. THe design from the apx is ugly the nexus is inceredible.

The APX feels very similar to the TO. But continues with the low kick point that the Vapor sticks have had over the past couple product lines. I've never used the G3 flex profile but I would think it would be more similar to the TO than an APX. The G3 profile is said to flex more in the bottom and top of the shaft (with the middle section being stiff) to give a more "wood-like" flex profile. From your post, I would think the G3 isn't necessarily for you if your improvements to your shot with an X60.

My thought/suggestion; give an APX a try. It could well be the answer.

Mike

Thanks that's the answer i needed. I give the apx a try if i can find it to an affordable price. Here at my place you pay about 300$ and more.

Is it right that tha apx feels stiffer than the TO. I have the TO stick in 102 flex. If it is a complete new stick it is too stiff for me. But after two weeks of practice and play it gets broken in and it's very fine in terms of stiffnes. So if the APX feels stiffer a 87 flex could be the right choice.

Thanks

Is it right that tha apx feels stiffer than the TO. I have the TO stick in 102 flex. If it is a complete new stick it is too stiff for me. But after two weeks of practice and play it gets broken in and it's very fine in terms of stiffnes. So if the APX feels stiffer a 87 flex could be the right choice.

Thanks

I would go with the 87. I play 102 flex total ones and I have a 95 flex APX and a 102 flex APX. Th95 feels more stiff than the 102 flex total one. The new Miken Z9 I have kicks as hard if not harder than my APX and has great feel as well. Just a thought.

Personally to me APX feels stiffer.

Overall it's a great stick - love the puck feel (Coming from a long time One95 user!) & the way it shoots.

not to mention it's very light & durable.

Hy guys, i got my apx and i have very positiv and one negativ thing. Positiv: wow i shoots and kick like hell, the pop off wow never had that hard shoots on wristers. I lost a little bit performance on slappers but in games 90% of my shots are wristers. Stick feeling ist not the same like the TO but very good, i think that the flex point the TO stick performs smoother on receiver hard passes or stick handling. So in that case i have to get used to it.

The negativ: I had it for 2 practices and 2 games, in my last practice it snapped it in two one a bad touch onetimer. Fu.... . I have my TO stick now for the whole season never touched my backup TO.

But i will give the APx in 87 flex another try and hope it will last longer.

Both my apxs have broken within 20 days of use. awsome stick and kicks like a MOFO, but durability is terrible. back to my total one i go for now. cant afford 300 a month for a stick ;)

My 105 Flex APX felt much stiffer than my Total One.

I will definitely be giving the Nexus a try since I've used several G3 sticks

What's the difference in terms of play between the G3 profile and the TO and APX sticks? I have both the TO and APX and like both and think this might be the perfect in between to combine the best of both worlds.

The apx feels stiffer because its a low kick so you don't virtually feel it flex as much. The T1 feels whippier because its a mid kick so you feel it on your hand easier. The Nexus will most likely feel more like the apx but still have sort of the dual kick the vapor line has

What's the difference in terms of play between the G3 profile and the TO and APX sticks? I have both the TO and APX and like both and think this might be the perfect in between to combine the best of both worlds.

From looking at the diagram in the catalog, it looks like similar technology between the APX and Nexus. Just that the Nexus stays softer a little higher in the low kick point creating more of a true mid kick. I am really curious to see how it feels. Love the APX but I agree with a post higher up, blade is squeaky in less than 10 uses.

From looking at the diagram in the catalog, it looks like similar technology between the APX and Nexus. Just that the Nexus stays softer a little higher in the low kick point creating more of a true mid kick. I am really curious to see how it feels. Love the APX but I agree with a post higher up, blade is squeaky in less than 10 uses.

Doesn't it also look like from the diagram that the middle of the shaft is not as stiff as the APX? Maybe creating a bit more of an even flex profile, granted not a completely even profile, just relatively more even compared to the APX. Should be interesting. Does anybody have any experience on here with the G3 profile? Would really like to hear that comparison.

Doesn't it also look like from the diagram that the middle of the shaft is not as stiff as the APX? Maybe creating a bit more of an even flex profile, granted not a completely even profile, just relatively more even compared to the APX. Should be interesting. Does anybody have any experience on here with the G3 profile? Would really like to hear that comparison.

I think it would probably be safer to wait until closer to the stick release date so more people can try it. Even though the G3 has been around on pro stock sticks for awhile now, it was customized to the pros specs. So one G3 could be stiffer/whippier in one area than another stick. So not everyones experience will be the same.

JR,

Having the Nexus now, do you have any feedback on how the flex profile of the Nexus (G3) differs from the APX. Seems pretty similar in the catalogue. I know in the "Show it Off" thread you described it as versatile and being a jack of all trades kind of stick. Just wondering if you could elaborate and compare it more to the APX, and even TotalOne, profiles, if you've had enough on-ice time with the Nexus. Seems like the APX was trying to hit that versatile niche with intellisense/dual kick points, but, in my opinion, in reality it's more of a wrist/snap shot stick. I'm wondering how it looks like in the catalogue they show a stiff middle portion of the stick but still call it a mid flex stick? Not sure I understand the concept too well. Thanks for the help. I'm hoping the Nexus fits the bill for an all around shooter, seems promising from your initial reports.

I have all three sticks, overall the APX is the best for someone who wants a decent shot without much power behind it. Very accurate.

The Total One gives me the best slap shot, I have it down to a science. Wristers I was not too impressed.

The G3/Nexus gives you the best of both worlds, powerful slapshot and the low kick point portion can provide you an effective wrist shot.

I typically only use 95-102/7 Flex so I always try to put power behind my shots. I can't use those noodles you guys enjoy lol

keep in mind that the g3 is NOT the same costruction as the nexus though they share flex proifiles. I have also had all three sticks and agree wih hockeysavants in his obervation with the only discrepancy is I shhot wuite hard with my apx. I hated my total one and LOVED my g3, broke in the uper shaft this season and i am going to try and repair it with srs and see if the flex profile is overly affectd.

I have all three sticks, overall the APX is the best for someone who wants a decent shot without much power behind it. Very accurate.

The Total One gives me the best slap shot, I have it down to a science. Wristers I was not too impressed.

The G3/Nexus gives you the best of both worlds, powerful slapshot and the low kick point portion can provide you an effective wrist shot.

I typically only use 95-102/7 Flex so I always try to put power behind my shots. I can't use those noodles you guys enjoy lol

I think I'm pretty much sold on the Nexus, sounds pretty impressive. I'm definitely a fan of the TotalOne but do have reservations about it when it come to wristers, not that great. Can you feel yourself load up on the shaft like on the TotalOne? I do like that and that's something that bothers me about the APX, can't feel that load, guess I just got used to it.

Another question. I typically cut my sticks down ~3.5-4 inches, so I like to get into the 90-95 flex range. Do you find that the Nexus/G3 is more like the APX in terms of stiffness or the TotalOne? I found that I usually use a 82 flex in a TotalOne and I had to go down to a 77 in an APX.

Thanks.