Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AdamBanks

Ordering My Bauer Sticks Canada/USA

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time I've had a question about anything.

I was just wondering if anyone from Canada had ordered a My Bauer stick to the US and gone over and picked it up. I'm planning on ordering two as I can't find P14 curves anywhere, but the difference in price is $269 versus $209. With the strong Canadian dollar and because I live close to the border it just seemes like it would be a lot cheaper to order it to my uncle who lives in the US and drive over and pick it up.

Are there any problems with this? If I broke one, would I have to drive back over in order to send it back?

Thanks!

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time I've had a question about anything.

I was just wondering if anyone from Canada had ordered a My Bauer stick to the US and gone over and picked it up. I'm planning on ordering two as I can't find P14 curves anywhere, but the difference in price is $269 versus $209. With the strong Canadian dollar and because I live close to the border it just seemes like it would be a lot cheaper to order it to my uncle who lives in the US and drive over and pick it up.

Are there any problems with this? If I broke one, would I have to drive back over in order to send it back?

Thanks!

If you have an uncle who live sin the US then sure, I don't see a problem. As far as warranty you might have to send the package from the United States but I am unsure of that.

If only it was that easy; a Canadian changing his address to a USA address would likely cause a new cc application to be undertaken which would require a US social insurance number amongst other confirmable info. I would think most every cc company would require this as a means fo protecting themselves against fraud.

I would think the best thing to do is work something out with the uncle.

So you've done My Bauer orders and they do require the shipping address to match the CC? That's the kinda thing I was wondering about. I know some websites require that and some don't, but I had no idea in this case.

Unless something has changed since late 2010, at the end of the order sequence you are required to include your billing address and your shipping address. Both must be in the same country. It's right on the site when you follow the ordering steps.

Right from Bauer.com

Shipping Method and Charges:

•Shipping available to US and Canada residents only.

•Billing and shipping addresses must be in the same country. No cross-border shipping.

•Sticks will be shipped via UPS. Each stick will ship separately.

•When your sticks ship, you will receive e-mails containing UPS tracking numbers for each one.

•Please note that UPS cannot deliver to P.O. Boxes.

•Please allow 3-5 weeks for delivery.

Shipping charge per stick: $15