Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mfd1068

Vapor Guy or Supreme Guy?

Hi, I'm getting back into the game after having a Hip Resurfacing done in December. I will be playing in a rec league and possibly summer 3 on 3. I play centre or wing. My previous skates were Grafs, in fact,my last 3 pairs were Grafs. I've checked them out alittle bit but I think I would like to move to a different brand. I have always been a very good skater, powerful and back in the day,fast,lol. Last week I've tried on Bauer Vapor x60's,Bauer One100's and Total Ones. I've only ever had one pair of Bauer's ,back in atom. The three skates I mentioned all fit very well with a slight nod to the x60. All three are definitely more skate than I need at this stage but I've always had top of the line skates. The question for those who have used both is ,what made you go with a Vapor over a Supreme or vice versa? I hope to pull the trigger and get them this week.

I started out a's a vapor guy because they fit better, but in the past few years I've become bigger and stronger and my foot has grown, and now I fit better in a supreme. But reeboks fit even better

I'm surprised skates from both lines fit you. My first skates were Vapor X:20s and after a year of pain in my arches, I went to the store and tried on a pair in each brand. I ended up with One80s, after discussing each skate with employees of LHS-much-better-than-the-first-one.

But other than the fit, I like the stiffer boot.

I'm surprised skates from both lines fit you.

I disagree. I think players who fit the vapor better can mistake the supremes for a good fit as well. I did. It would be tough to go the other way though, supreme to vapor. I am an 11.5 ee in vapor and a 12 d in supreme due to volume issues. Some people also struggle when it comes to determining a snug fit and pain. Different thresholds will determine what you like for a fit. My one95's felt great when I got them minus a little heel slippage. Now they have broken in to the point where I need thick socks, innersoles, and cranking down hard on the laces. Whatever you do buy the skate that fits snug and avoid the par that feel like a slipper!

I disagree. I think players who fit the vapor better can mistake the supremes for a good fit as well. I did. It would be tough to go the other way though, supreme to vapor. I am an 11.5 ee in vapor and a 12 d in supreme due to volume issues. Some people also struggle when it comes to determining a snug fit and pain. Different thresholds will determine what you like for a fit. My one95's felt great when I got them minus a little heel slippage. Now they have broken in to the point where I need thick socks, innersoles, and cranking down hard on the laces. Whatever you do buy the skate that fits snug and avoid the par that feel like a slipper!

Interesting you found sizes of each that would fit you. Many of the posts I've read here and elsewhere, people couldn't get a good fit in both. That was the case with me, couldn't get an X60 to fit, regardless of size/width combinations. At least I got a One95 with a good fit, so I've got no complaints, especially since I started playing with different sharpenings.

Interesting you found sizes of each that would fit you. Many of the posts I've read here and elsewhere, people couldn't get a good fit in both. That was the case with me, couldn't get an X60 to fit, regardless of size/width combinations. At least I got a One95 with a good fit, so I've got no complaints, especially since I started playing with different sharpenings.

If the vapor is based on a d last and a bauer rep told me the supreme last is built on an e last, wouldn't the vapor ee be close to the same width as a supreme d?

But to be perfectly honest I probably do not have a good fit in the supreme, just thought I did. Most important thing is to go with what fits and if it is the vapor go vapor.

If the vapor is based on a d last and a bauer rep told me the supreme last is built on an e last, wouldn't the vapor ee be close to the same width as a supreme d?

But to be perfectly honest I probably do not have a good fit in the supreme, just thought I did. Most important thing is to go with what fits and if it is the vapor go vapor.

When I found a Vapor size that didn't pinch in the forefoot, the heel area was too wide. I don't know about the lasts, but the proportions/shape appear to be different.

...very much don't even know, how a right fit should/could feel, they just want a certain skate and/or get used to pain or discomfort over some time, until they buy the next pair. How would they judge a unbaked skate, a wrong baked skate, or know, how nowadays materials would break in...even when they would buy customs, or especially then, most are just overstrained by all the alternatives. You have to know your feet and to make the AHA-experience of a right fit...painfully and expensive...sometimes.

Hi, I'm getting back into the game after having a Hip Resurfacing done in December. I will be playing in a rec league and possibly summer 3 on 3. I play centre or wing. My previous skates were Grafs, in fact,my last 3 pairs were Grafs. I've checked them out alittle bit but I think I would like to move to a different brand. I have always been a very good skater, powerful and back in the day,fast,lol. Last week I've tried on Bauer Vapor x60's,Bauer One100's and Total Ones. I've only ever had one pair of Bauer's ,back in atom. The three skates I mentioned all fit very well with a slight nod to the x60. All three are definitely more skate than I need at this stage but I've always had top of the line skates. The question for those who have used both is ,what made you go with a Vapor over a Supreme or vice versa? I hope to pull the trigger and get them this week.

Any reason why you're changing from grafs to bauer? If your previous skate fits well, the logical thing would be to replace them with another pair with the same fit.

When I found a Vapor size that didn't pinch in the forefoot, the heel area was too wide. I don't know about the lasts, but the proportions/shape appear to be different.

True! Because the heel is dependent on width. D gets a smaller heel than ee no matter what. So the ee vapor would have a larger heel than the d supreme.

Any reason why you're changing from grafs to bauer? If your previous skate fits well, the logical thing would be to replace them with another pair with the same fit.

The Graf's now in my opinion are not the same quality as they used to be. Bauer has definitely stepped up the game.

For me it was the width of the Supreme vs the Vapor. Even in D width the Vapors were too narrow for me. The Supremes were livable, but the Vapors just didnt work for me.

True! Because the heel is dependent on width. D gets a smaller heel than ee no matter what. So the ee vapor would have a larger heel than the d supreme.

And the D Vapor fit my heel fine, but the forefoot was too tight. The D One95 fit heel and forefoot well. They're not shaped the same.

I have also mostly used Graf skates. previously ultra G35. I switched to Vapour x50 because of the protection, performance, lightness and it feels very close to Graf skates.

And the D Vapor fit my heel fine, but the forefoot was too tight. The D One95 fit heel and forefoot well. They're not shaped the same.

I do not meant to drag this on, but what I was originally getting at was that, someone who fits vapors could fit into a supreme boot and mistake it for the proper fit. Where someone who needs a supreme fit would be too wide for a vapor.

Thanks for the replies. The main reason I'm not going back to Graf is due to the last pair I had. There were some fit issues and construction problems with the skate( the right one) that kinda disappointed me. I think Bauer has a more advanced skate as of now. I'm going again tomorrow to try them on again,both the Vapor and the Supreme. I like the look of a black boot. The x60's I'm interested in are the LE model which works for me. Aside from that, I just want to make the right choice from a performance stand point that would suit my skating style. I understand Vapors have a more forward pitch to them out of the box? I normally get my skate profiled for forward. Like I said they both fit, with the x60 being alittle better in terms of totally snug with my toes pressing on the cap. I had each pair on for over 1/2 hour at the store and no uncomfortable pressure points. Once again thanks for the replies.

someone who fits vapors could fit into a supreme boot and mistake it for the proper fit.

The majority of players have problems getting the right fit, even guys that have been playing for years.

I had a pair of one90s and switched to the vapor x:60s when the LE came out. The vapor was narrower in the forefoot and started becoming pretty uncomfortable. Since then I switched to the 11k from reebok (which doesn't help your dilemma) and it's a bit wider like the supremes.

Thanks for the replies. The main reason I'm not going back to Graf is due to the last pair I had. There were some fit issues and construction problems with the skate( the right one) that kinda disappointed me. I think Bauer has a more advanced skate as of now. I'm going again tomorrow to try them on again,both the Vapor and the Supreme. I like the look of a black boot. The x60's I'm interested in are the LE model which works for me. Aside from that, I just want to make the right choice from a performance stand point that would suit my skating style. I understand Vapors have a more forward pitch to them out of the box? I normally get my skate profiled for forward. Like I said they both fit, with the x60 being alittle better in terms of totally snug with my toes pressing on the cap. I had each pair on for over 1/2 hour at the store and no uncomfortable pressure points. Once again thanks for the replies.

the pitch is the same, the boot itself is bent forward. in other words, the vapors will force you to bend at the ankles a bit more than the supremes.