Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hyprlte

2011 Warrior DD Stick Problem

We don't get many dolo's in for repairs, but the ones we do generally are not broken in that spot. I do find that those players who like to bang their stick on the ice to get attention for a pass, tend to have damage in that area. Are you a "stick banger"?

The heel of mine has a little chip after 2 games.

That might be more bad luck rather than warrior product durability.

I dont bang my stick and IM petty technically sound in shooting.

If they breakwithin warranty Maybe well get widows back :p. Even the durability isues this is still by far the best stick i have evr used and i normally only buy 200+$ sticks.

More on this stick here:

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55277-bauer-one95-vs-warrior-dolomite-dd/page__st__30

4 - 12 year olds got this stick Intermediate 55 flex, kovalchuk. All broke exactly the same way shown here within 40 days? 3 within 30 one prior to 40. I coach the boys, we do not allow stick slamming, they tape heel to toe and in my sons case we run an extra piece of tape along the both of the blade under the regular tape. Also tape over the toe completely. THe boys are very skilled shoot well the stick is the perfect spec for them. I lead the other players to the stick based on my experience with Warriors performance and durability. Very disappointing stick.

you busted one of these blades too?

mine was a spyne, had no problem with a new st or a total one, or a mission tapered blade.

If this many people are having the exact same problem with this stick it sounds like a legit issue to me, not a technique thing. I break plenty of sticks in the shaft, but rarely ever in the blade, IMO the only thing that should ever go wrong with a blade is that it goes slightly soft eventually, they should really only be breaking in freak accidents where they get stepped on, stuck in zamboni doors, etc.

my team mate has had 2 and both started breaking in the heel, but broke his first one in the zamboni door haha. This worries me since I was really looking forward to ordering the widow, but now I don't know now if those blades are going to be like these.

my team mate has had 2 and both started breaking in the heel, but broke his first one in the zamboni door haha. This worries me since I was really looking forward to ordering the widow, but now I don't know now if those blades are going to be like these.

widow will have a different blade, but we'll see. I've had no problems with my 2010 DD's but i have yet to try the 2011 model.

This is the only stick I have ever had durability issues with. I had two of them and both didn't last me longer then 3 weeks before blades broke in almost the exact same spot as yours. On the other hand I've been using my One95's for over a year combined without any problems. Go figure.

widow will have a different blade, but we'll see. I've had no problems with my 2010 DD's but i have yet to try the 2011 model.

For what it's worth, I had a 2007 dolo that chipped at the heel like that after about a month - the stick lasted another two and a half years of several uses a week before the blade finally cracked. Long story short, I don't think that little bit of wear at the heel is a huge deal.

In my experience, if a Dolo breaks it breaks in the blade after I use it for a while. But, to have this happen to three sticks in a row in under 2 weeks is strange. I never have this problem, but I'm a big wrister guy and don't take a lot of slap shots. I have a question though. Do you tape your stick from heel to toe, or from the middle of the blade to toe? And do you retape your sticks every 1 or 2 times?

Besides control, I find that keepinh my tape/wax fresh helps keep my blade intact longer.

Lie could also be an issue. Warrior labels their lies different. So if you've always used a Bauer-5 you would need a Warrior-4 etc.

Warrior DD blades are not the best also. They are a lot better than the HDs which broke all the time in the heel.

For what it's worth, I had a 2007 dolo that chipped at the heel like that after about a month - the stick lasted another two and a half years of several uses a week before the blade finally cracked. Long story short, I don't think that little bit of wear at the heel is a huge deal.

Mine wasn't just a chip, the blade completely cracked from bottom to top. And I think that is what other people are experiencing. If it was just a chip I wouldn't care. I am very light on my sticks, rarely any slap shots, and have never had a stick break before.

In my experience, if a Dolo breaks it breaks in the blade after I use it for a while. But, to have this happen to three sticks in a row in under 2 weeks is strange. I never have this problem, but I'm a big wrister guy and don't take a lot of slap shots. I have a question though. Do you tape your stick from heel to toe, or from the middle of the blade to toe? And do you retape your sticks every 1 or 2 times?

Besides control, I find that keepinh my tape/wax fresh helps keep my blade intact longer.

Lie could also be an issue. Warrior labels their lies different. So if you've always used a Bauer-5 you would need a Warrior-4 etc.

Warrior DD blades are not the best also. They are a lot better than the HDs which broke all the time in the heel.

There is always new tape on the blade before a game and I don't tape my blade all the way up the heel. By leaving the blade exposed I do realize that it is more prone to breaking/cracks, but then why has this not happened with any of my other Dolomites? The DD with the dragon graphics seemed so much better structurally.

Well, didn't think too much of this until I was practicing with my 2011 Dolo today. Felt off.

Took it home, ripped off the tape, and it was cracked and broken at the heel.

Really sucks because I liked the stick and the curve (Gionta). Gonna try and turn it into a shaft, but it's pretty sad that I bought the stick around the end of November. Granted, I do play a lot (3-4 times per week), but it's all low level pickup or bottom division league games.

And I alternate it often with my S19 which I bought in August, and it's still going.

Sad, because I probably won't buy another one if they barely last three months and the other brands don't have a similar curve.

I have the spyne and have the same chunck missing out of heel. No problems with my one95 or total one. So I cant blame on technique or stick banging.

I have the spyne and have the same chunck missing out of heel. No problems with my one95 or total one. So I cant blame on technique or stick banging.

First generation Spyne?

I have the 2010 spyne, it lasted from august until about a month ago (turned it into a shaft). I think warriors always get that little hole/ decay on the heel. But what I've noticed is even after that happens the blades don't get any softer. That's happened on all of my warriors and they all lasted a season or more

I have the 2010 spyne, it lasted from august until about a month ago (turned it into a shaft). I think warriors always get that little hole/ decay on the heel. But what I've noticed is even after that happens the blades don't get any softer. That's happened on all of my warriors and they all lasted a season or more

I've read and heard of problems with the early Spyne, don't recall, some of it may have been here. Sounds like you've had the same problem with different Warrior sticks.