Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dayroc

Since its near impossible to get jofa's

Are the RBk 9k elbows comparable to the 5044s/9144 elbows?

I need a small. But hockeymonkey is clearing them out.

Are they bulky?

As well i will be trying RBK shins, any suggestions? been doing a bit of reading lately about it. These will and should last me for the next 5 years.

Are the RBk 9k elbows comparable to the 5044s/9144 elbows?

I need a small. But hockeymonkey is clearing them out.

Are they bulky?

As well i will be trying RBK shins, any suggestions? been doing a bit of reading lately about it. These will and should last me for the next 5 years.

My son has the 9K elbows in small. They are a good piece of gear but do fit on the small side. He is 5'4" and they fit well but are to short in the forearm. They fit closer to many jr larges out there. Sr mediums are still too big in circumference to fit comfortably for him so we added extensions to the forearm at a local hockey repair shop.

Seems the first decision with Reebok shin guards is whether you want the wraparound protection for the calf.

I went with the 8K and its airflow design, didn't care about not having the calf protection for pickup and low-level men's league

was looking at the new warrior cat. as well. The franchise elbows look interesting.

As for the shins? As long as i can take shots and not feel a thing.

I play in a pretty competitive beer league, gets rough at times.

was looking at the new warrior cat. as well. The franchise elbows look interesting.

As for the shins? As long as i can take shots and not feel a thing.

I play in a pretty competitive beer league, gets rough at times.

I got the 8K so I can drop or fall on them with my 250 lbs., and not feel it. I haven't felt a puck there yet, but I don't block slap shots. There's enough padding and space I wouldn't think twice about blocking a shot, if I knew it would hit the shin guards.

I have the blue and white RBK 6ks and I love them. Though one of the inner straps that sit on your shin has broke but they still work fine. Taken lots of shots off and they are no worse for wear and not once have I felt any thing. I took the calf pads off too, they never stayed put.

I have the warrior hitman elbows (black/gold) and they have a similar look to the jofa line. But I can't compare because I never used jofas. Same thin though, I have fallen on them enough and haven't felt a thing.

I'd recommend either of these pads, and would try the updated versions of them if I needed to replace them.

I'd go with the 8K's or 9K's as well. JDP and ASD design the same as the old Jofa elbows and very good protection.

I have the JOFA JDP6044 elbows and the JOFA JDP6090 shin guards, both have lasted well over 10years,today I bought the RBK 10K shins and the 10K elbow pads. Protection wise the RBKs shin guards have a touch more padding, you could take the rap around calf protection off by the velcrow design same as the top pad above the knee cap shell.these shin pads are a direct replacement of the JOFA 6090,of course they feel a little bulky but they are not broken in yet.

As for the 10K elbow pads, Once again they are a direct replacement of the JOFA 6044 elbows.They dont feel any heavier either. If I get another 10 years from these I can honestly say that RBK did their homework.By the way the JOFA shins and elbow pads are no way torn or ripped, most people would still use them, I just felt it was time for something fresh.

I have the JOFA JDP6044 elbows and the JOFA JDP6090 shin guards, both have lasted well over 10years,today I bought the RBK 10K shins and the 10K elbow pads. Protection wise the RBKs shin guards have a touch more padding, you could take the rap around calf protection off by the velcrow design same as the top pad above the knee cap shell.these shin pads are a direct replacement of the JOFA 6090,of course they feel a little bulky but they are not broken in yet.

As for the 10K elbow pads, Once again they are a direct replacement of the JOFA 6044 elbows.They dont feel any heavier either. If I get another 10 years from these I can honestly say that RBK did their homework.By the way the JOFA shins and elbow pads are no way torn or ripped, most people would still use them, I just felt it was time for something fresh.

I've been using the 10K elbow pads for a while, and like them quite well. The once or twice I've fallen on an elbow, I haven't felt a thing.

sorry to dig up an old thread, but my old 9040 jofa shin caps are cracked and was wondering if there is any *Christmas miracle* that would grant me my hope of finding a place to repair/replace the caps? I tried Peaches, but he said that he can't get them anymore. Any leads or am I SOL? :sad: