Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

woobiemk16

Bauer One95 vs Warrior Dolomite DD

whoops, I read page one, but not page 2. ahh I hoped they'd be similar, as the 2010's are on clearance at the moment. I guess I'll wait a year to grab the 2011 dolos :)

whoops, I read page one, but not page 2. ahh I hoped they'd be similar, as the 2010's are on clearance at the moment. I guess I'll wait a year to grab the 2011 dolos :)

That's a good idea. I'll grab one before they go on clearance to see if I want to stockpile haha

icewarehouse states in their video review that the dolomite will be discontinued after this model.

any clue what the replacement will be? if the changes are drastic i might have to stockpile too.

icewarehouse states in their video review that the dolomite will be discontinued after this model.

any clue what the replacement will be? if the changes are drastic i might have to stockpile too.

interested in the dolo dd, can someone let me know about the gionta curve and whether or not its a good upgrade for someone looking for a forsberg-esq curve but obviously a little bigger?

Reading the positive reviews of the DD in this post combined with Warrior 55 flex Intermediate flex offering I bought one of these for my son. It was his first Intermediate. Previously he used Easton Jr Sticks but they did not offer the 55 flex so we had to switch. The jr blades were just not stiff enough for the pace pass at the Peewee A level he plays. He typically got 4-5 months out of the S19/st/se16. I bought the Kovalchuk DD for Xmas. We did not have hockey until January 3 so that was his first use.

Based on my previous experience with Warrior I concluded that if nothing else they were tough sticks. As he started to use the stick it became obvious that the 55 flex with intermediate blade was the right move. After about 3 weeks of use, 4 other kids on our team bought the same stick. At the same time I noticed that the heel was becoming wore like some of the photos posted. I did not think much of it because my Warrior experience told me that it happens but they remain strong. Well within a weeks time 2 of the other boys experienced the same heel problems but also had blade cracking prolems.

2 days ago the blade on my kids broke, all 5 sticks broke nearly identically. The break extended from the heel (same spot the previous damage appeared) forward at a 45 degree angle forward to the top of the blade. 4 of the sticks broke within 30 days, 1 outside. My kids.

Further comparrison, I coach the team. I know when kids get new sticks. I have 5 kids on the team using Total Ones since the day they hit the shelf. Not one of those sticks are even showing a little wear. Additionally they are still shooting well and based on their play the blades are not weakening.

Bottom line is I believe the Dolomite DD (intermediate) has an inherent structural problem in the blade.

I would not suggest this stick again. I suggested it to those 4 players and you can imagine where that got me. We are now at a point in the season that very few if any LHS have the proper flex, lie and blade patterns remaining in inventory.

Reading the positive reviews of the DD in this post combined with Warrior 55 flex Intermediate flex offering I bought one of these for my son. It was his first Intermediate. Previously he used Easton Jr Sticks but they did not offer the 55 flex so we had to switch. The jr blades were just not stiff enough for the pace pass at the Peewee A level he plays. He typically got 4-5 months out of the S19/st/se16. I bought the Kovalchuk DD for Xmas. We did not have hockey until January 3 so that was his first use.

Based on my previous experience with Warrior I concluded that if nothing else they were tough sticks. As he started to use the stick it became obvious that the 55 flex with intermediate blade was the right move. After about 3 weeks of use, 4 other kids on our team bought the same stick. At the same time I noticed that the heel was becoming wore like some of the photos posted. I did not think much of it because my Warrior experience told me that it happens but they remain strong. Well within a weeks time 2 of the other boys experienced the same heel problems but also had blade cracking prolems.

2 days ago the blade on my kids broke, all 5 sticks broke nearly identically. The break extended from the heel (same spot the previous damage appeared) forward at a 45 degree angle forward to the top of the blade. 4 of the sticks broke within 30 days, 1 outside. My kids.

Further comparrison, I coach the team. I know when kids get new sticks. I have 5 kids on the team using Total Ones since the day they hit the shelf. Not one of those sticks are even showing a little wear. Additionally they are still shooting well and based on their play the blades are not weakening.

Bottom line is I believe the Dolomite DD (intermediate) has an inherent structural problem in the blade.

I would not suggest this stick again. I suggested it to those 4 players and you can imagine where that got me. We are now at a point in the season that very few if any LHS have the proper flex, lie and blade patterns remaining in inventory.

if he can find something to use for now, maybe order a 60 flex intermediate from mybauer

I'd say Dolo vs. one95 is all about whether you prefer a mid or low kick stick. Personally I love mid kick sticks, some guys don't like to feel the big flex and release when they shoot, but I definitely do. My 77 flex one95 was my favorite stick ever, until it broke.

I am actually thinking BASE. I am just not a "buy without holding" kind of guy not at the price of a stick that is. NO ONE around here has BASE so I think I will go to 60 flex Total one which will be too stiff but will last. Sucks.

I'd say Dolo vs. one95 is all about whether you prefer a mid or low kick stick. Personally I love mid kick sticks, some guys don't like to feel the big flex and release when they shoot, but I definitely do. My 77 flex one95 was my favorite stick ever, until it broke.

OR Durable vs non Durable. I loved my One 95 too. Lasted forever.

OR Durable vs non Durable. I loved my One 95 too. Lasted forever.

Mine broke pretty quick, but I guess that's what I get for using a 77 flex at 180 lbs. Still, it's got thin, pure carbon walls, looks nothing like the thick carbon/fiber glass walls of an ST for example, I don't get why people think these sticks are tanks. None of the blade cracking/softness problems you often get with Eastons or Warriors, but I really doubt the shaft is any more durable than your average high performance, non-defective stick.

Mine broke pretty quick, but I guess that's what I get for using a 77 flex at 180 lbs. Still, it's got thin, pure carbon walls, looks nothing like the thick carbon/fiber glass walls of an ST for example, I don't get why people think these sticks are tanks. None of the blade cracking/softness problems you often get with Eastons or Warriors, but I really doubt the shaft is any more durable than your average high performance, non-defective stick.

There has to be a balance, if you have a shaft that is a "tank" as you call it, the blade needs to come close to matching. IT seems some mfgs have it figured out at least Bauer seems to. My frustration is that the blades are so fragile. I had a S19 I used to coach with and play in a light pick up type group I play with. No slapshots, a lot of passing the blade was crushed in less than 4 weeks.

I had the One 95 for so long I was anxious to drop another $200 on a new one. I was actually bummed the thing was not breaking.

Nothing wrong with the performance of the DD but a 12 year old has no business breaking one in a months time, not to mention 4 of them.

Anyone knwo how the BASE blade compares to One 95?

Although the 10' DD has been said to be more lively and pingy than the 11' DD, would it still be a lot better than a Synergy SE's feel or a TPS R8's? After reading the thread about the 11' DD having a durability issue, I'm wary of buying one so I'm considering the 10' DD if the blade durability is better and has better feel than a SE or R8.

I guess it would depend on which R8 you're referring to, as my 'original' TPS R8 has a much nicer feel in the blade compared to my post buyout model.

I'm interested to know too though.

Although the 10' DD has been said to be more lively and pingy than the 11' DD, would it still be a lot better than a Synergy SE's feel or a TPS R8's? After reading the thread about the 11' DD having a durability issue, I'm wary of buying one so I'm considering the 10' DD if the blade durability is better and has better feel than a SE or R8.

I guess it would depend on which R8 you're referring to, as my 'original' TPS R8 has a much nicer feel in the blade compared to my post buyout model.

I'm interested to know too though.

I've used both sticks - Warrior '10 DD and TPS R8 - extensively, so I will offer my opinion. I know the context of this thread is Warrior DD/One95, so I don't want to get too far off the beaten path.

That said, there is no stick, IMO, that compares to the pre buyout R8. None. That isn't fanboi hyperbole, either. I am a huge fan of Warrior sticks, but the balance, feel, and response of the TPS R8 stick is unmatched by any company, including Warrior and Bauer. Durability, again, TPS had it. Just the total package. I could never understand why the sticks weren't more popular at a retail level, and I'm sure that's a different thread for a different day.

Now, to Phunky's post above, there was a huge difference in the way TPS sticks played post buyout. Night and day. Not a huge fan of the new stuff. I think I've read that Sherwood kept the TPS shafts, but are using their own blade tech. In my honest opinion, the blades feel heavy, dull and non responsive.

Not what I was hoping to hear!

Have you tried the Dolo DD '11 model yet? With R8's being so difficult to track down for me I figure I'll need to move to something else, so even if it's not quite as nice it may have to do. Having said that I've tracked down a pre-buyout R8 in the right specs in Canada - shipping is a killer to Australia but I may have to do it! I really, really like my R8... :wub:

Not what I was hoping to hear!

Have you tried the Dolo DD '11 model yet? With R8's being so difficult to track down for me I figure I'll need to move to something else, so even if it's not quite as nice it may have to do. Having said that I've tracked down a pre-buyout R8 in the right specs in Canada - shipping is a killer to Australia but I may have to do it! I really, really like my R8... :wub:

Phunk - Sorry, my post wasn't too clear - I actually do really like the '10 Dolo DD. It's an outstanding stick. I like the '11 model too. I know people have been raving about the '11 in comparison to the '10, but IMO they both perform exceptionally well. I love the feel, control and response of Warrior blades. Really, since the demise of TPS, Warrior is my #1 choice in sticks. I guess the only Warrior blade that didn't work too well for me was the first generation Spyne. Of all the Warrior sticks I've ever used, and I've used them all, this was the only clunker. (the white/blue/green model).

Would an R8 Blade + '10 or 11' dolomite DD shaft after the blade dies = a good combo? I've transitioned to the one95 after my pre-buyout/original R8 bit the dust and it's just not the same.

I didn't know which stick to choose so I bought the dolomite shaft and a one95 p92 blade, which turned out pretty well..... I also bought it because the shaft was on clearance :biggrin:

The dolomites tapered, the one95 isn't... That combo won't work, the blade will be too big to fit.

I used the wooden one95 blade, It was for roller and ball hockey.

you would still have to put it into the top end of the dolo shaft

I didn't need to, I got the shop to sand it down and they added something (kevlar I think) to suit it up for roller hockey. It feels okay but sometimes it feels like it's gonna snap during a hard slapshot