Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2011 CCM Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/105-2011-ccm-catalogue/

Skates - The 2011 U+ CL and U+12 were released back in October (main differences between the two are the type of U-Foam used - CL is the pro package - as well as outsole, liner, tongue and country of origin) but now CCM has the complete line - U+10, U+08, U+06, U+04, U+02 and U+01. The U+ foam feature is now offered from CL down to U+08.

Sticks - The CL comes back with an updated graphics package, but inherits a slightly heavier brother in the U+ CS - which stands for Crazy Strong. Same construction as the Crazy Light, however, with additional carbon fiber layers for durability. U+10 features a single beam in the blade (CL/CS have two) and is a fused stick. U+08 a bit heavier (as less carbon content.

Ovechkin Pro curve is now available - it is the Crazy Ovi. Original Ovechkin, Tavares, Lecavalier, Thornton and now Burns (Lidstrom clone) round out the rest of the curves.

Gloves - The CL glove is CCM's new flagship glove - they have added U+ foam in the hand and fingers area, with a short flared cuff, and a Clarino/grip finger palm and stretch fingers. The 4R line carries over from 2010.

Helmets - no changes

Protective - no changes

I have often wondered why manufacturers offer up so-called player patterns that are not remotely like the player's actual pattern. Case in point. The Ovechkin pattern from CCM and then the Real Ovi pattern which is closer to what he actually uses. Wouldn't there be a pile of kids out there who would buy their favourite pro players' patterns regardless of the fact that they would not be able to shoot with it. Again, case in point, if anyone out there can actually shoot with the Crazy Ovi pattern, my hat is off to you.

so, why does the patterns page have Burns but the sticks list a "MYR" and no "BUR" is the pattern going to be Myers or Burns?

(hey boucie, do you give a s***?)

Think Easton ST

I don't think that is an accurate statement. Reading J.R's summary he said there are stronger composites in the shaft while the ST is "filed" if you will at the bottom. I have felt the CS in person and the shaft doesn't seem to be "filed" like an ST. J.R can you provide clarification?

I don't think that is an accurate statement. Reading J.R's summary he said there are stronger composites in the shaft while the ST is "filed" if you will at the bottom. I have felt the CS in person and the shaft doesn't seem to be "filed" like an ST. J.R can you provide clarification?

Filed?

Very disappointed that there are no 110-flex options... 100-flex CL's are waaaaaay too whippy for me.

The curves are downright confusing. The '11 Ovechkin pattern looks like the old ('10) Lecavalier - so why change the name? The new Lecavalier is now what appears to be a Zetterberg rather than the listed 'Iginla'. Then the Myers/Burns confusion...

seems like they tweaked the regular ovie curve (non-crazy). looks like a bastard child of a drury and sakic.

Looks like I wont be using anything from the new CCM line, time to stock pile.

I'm curious how close the new Lecavalier pattern actually is to the Easton Iginla. If it is finally a clone then maybe I'll give these guys another go.

I am not sure why, but I am not getting the pictures. No pics of the curves, no pics of the sticks. They are supposed to be there aren't they?

I am not trying to be a smart ass, just wondering if my browser is an issue or something else maybe?

Very disappointed that there are no 110-flex options... 100-flex CL's are waaaaaay too whippy for me.

The curves are downright confusing. The '11 Ovechkin pattern looks like the old ('10) Lecavalier - so why change the name? The new Lecavalier is now what appears to be a Zetterberg rather than the listed 'Iginla'. Then the Myers/Burns confusion...

Seems like CCM/Reebok are finally changing up their stick patterns and accepting the inevitable. If you want some more of the market, try matching the competitors patterns closer. Also if you want a Modano clone looks like you have to go Reebok Hamrlik, Iginla:CCM, Drury:Phaneuf, etc....making you look across the different company lines to find what you want.

And I'll agree with you that it's way too confusing.

I think the Duchene pattern (P40) is Reebok's answer to the Zetterberg and not the Hamrlik.

yeah they switched it up this year. P42 duchene instead of p34 hamrlik. Apparently the p42 has a lower lie than the p34.

nice to see ccm getting back into shafts/blades. I wish ccm/rbk would put out a high end standard shaft though.

ccm rebranding the koho crossover 2260 sticks and blades?

the new cl glove looks interesting and I'm curious to try on the 4 roll to see If I find it any more comfortable

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'll go sit in a corner now... :facepalm:

Edit: Got it now. Firefox sucks...

How did you do it? I have Firefox too and it doesn't work