Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coffeebreak

Bauer one60 LE vs Bauer One70 skates

anyone have the one60 skates? how much "lower" of a skate is it compared to a one70 / one100?

the LE edition looks fantastic. I'm looking to get a pair for rec league play.

I have not skated in either but was in my LHS recently and checked both out. The One60 is more flexible than the One70, which is roughly comparable to the X:40 in stiffness. The One 100 is quite a bit stiffer than the One70. Depending on your skating ability and weight the One60, while admittedly a cool looking skate, may be too little skate for you. Consider your weight, skating ability, how much you play/skate, and foot shape as the primary factors in skate selection.

I have not skated in either but was in my LHS recently and checked both out. The One60 is more flexible than the One70, which is roughly comparable to the X:40 in stiffness. The One 100 is quite a bit stiffer than the One70. Depending on your skating ability and weight the One60, while admittedly a cool looking skate, may be too little skate for you. Consider your weight, skating ability, how much you play/skate, and foot shape as the primary factors in skate selection.

Thanks for the suggestion. I currently wear a 709 graf but they are a little big so I thought i'd try something new. Never had bauers before. Really like the Grafs. Not a big guy here 5'9" 150 with 8.5E shoe size. Play about 1-2x / week. About intermediate in skill level.

Thanks for the suggestion. I currently wear a 709 graf but they are a little big so I thought i'd try something new. Never had bauers before. Really like the Grafs. Not a big guy here 5'9" 150 with 8.5E shoe size. Play about 1-2x / week. About intermediate in skill level.

I think the One60LE is more comparable to a 5 or 6 series Graf skate. If you don't mind a less-stiff boot the One60 could work for you, but they would not have the support of the 709's. Also a more flexible skate may break down sooner. If you put some good power to the ice then the One60 would likely lose support quicker than something higher up the skate chain. Check them out at your LHS, you'll have a better idea when you try them on.

the LE edition looks fantastic.

I agree, I've never worn skates with black holders before but am seriously looking at buying black LS2 holders for my One95s - they still have a lot of blade but I'm probably just gonna go for aesthetics lol :D

I agree, I've never worn skates with black holders before but am seriously looking at buying black LS2 holders for my One95s - they still have a lot of blade but I'm probably just gonna go for aesthetics lol :D

I think I'm just gonna paint my holders on my new skates :) No worries about it chipping off since I'll be using the right paint :)

i was also looking into the one 60's, and even though im not the biggest guy out there i find a stiffer boot improves my game, should i get these or the x:40's that a guy in my town is selling, brand new?

Get the ones that fit.

I actually just ordered some from bauer for my one95's

they should be here on thursday/friday or early next week

I'll post some pics once they're on, it'll give you an idea of how they look like

i was also looking into the one 60's, and even though im not the biggest guy out there i find a stiffer boot improves my game, should i get these or the x:40's that a guy in my town is selling, brand new?

+1

The two models fit slightly different. I have One70's and X:40's both is a size 8D. The Supreme One70 is longer (maybe a half size?) deeper,a bit wider, and is designed for a narrower fit in the heel. If you get fitted correctly they will fit somewhat close, but will have key differences that will make one model the right one for you and one model the wrong model for you. I speak from trial and error here :sad: