Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MissConduct

My EQ50!

The pro stock version of the EQ50 doesn't appear to make the heel weights visible.

That's because pro stock versions of equipment don't typically use the gimmicks that retail equipment does. No Spyne technology, Focus Flex blades, etc. I know some NHLers were using retail sticks earlier this year, but they may also have the option to delete certain options from sticks. As well, some may be SE16 or Synergy Elite repaints.

I was at Total today(well yesterday as of an hour and 30 min ago) and I grabbed one off the shelf to hold and such. I didn't like the way it felt with the weights in it and differently hated it with them out. Maybe my mind was over-exaggerating because of all the talk about the weights prior to the release.

Also for people concerned about the look of the weights in the blade you should just spray it.

Im sure those are repaints of ST's S19/S17 or SE16/SE then...

Yep, already seen 1 repaint. Vernon Fiddler EQ50 prostocks. The sticker on butt ends all said SE16.

Pattern started out as John McIntyre's. Picked them up like 12 years ago when I bought some A/G 7000 shafts. The beveled toe, rocker and length was all him - I shaped the curve.

I've used it for 11 years - have had woods and comp blades in them, never an OPS. Haven't used the curve for a year now, will be interesting.

I would but if they wouldn't make them for Shanny they're not going to bother with the likes of me. I'd even settle for custom z-carbs or two free movie passes to Regal Cinemas.

Im excited to find out from JR if i am a total fanboy, or the stick actually is fantastic. Or boy. Either way, looking forward to the review.

How is that not a true EQ50? Did he get something special done to it?

JR, I HATE you! You're getting my dream sticks and I'm stuck working with felons in a prison, no time to go out on the ice. Ain't America great?

It was a joke, goaliemanshark.

Remember, I have used it already. At the end of July.

Not sure I would define the july skate as "already used it". Took a bunch of shots in warm up, skated around the ice with it in you hands during the game - this is more accurate account of you using it. Did you actually shoot in the game. All I seem to remember is the ice was very thin at our blueline.

so anything new happen? Did the window pop out yet? Do you think it is going to? Did the stick get wippy to fast etc?